“Dancing with the Stars” cast mates came out to support professional dancer-turned designer Valentin Chmerkovskiy‘s debut clothing line, Valentín, with business partner, Nicole Volynets, at a swanky event held at the newly re-opened Philippe restaurant, in its new Beverly Hills location.
Attendees included Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Val’s dance partner Elizabeth Berkley, Derek Hough, Cheryl Burke, DWTS alum Leah Remini and Jack Obsourne, who arrived with sister Kelly Osbourne’s fiancé Matthew Mosshart, Jonathan Cheban and Stephanie Pratt.
Val describes his new line as “a higher end urban street-wear couture brand.”
Event guests were treated to a dance performance and fashion show while they sipped on ZING Red Velvet Vodka cocktails and enjoyed signature bites like Chicken Satay and Salt and Pepper Prawns from Philippe, which is set to open next Thursday.
Congratulations, Val! We’re all very proud of you.
For more HOT SHOTS from the Valentín clothing line launch, keep reading…
To know Clive Davis is to love him. And most of America’s top selling artists have worked very closely with him, including the late Whitney Houston, Jennifer Hudson, Britney Spears, Tony Bennett, Alicia Keys, Usher and many more!
The legendary music man was celebrated this week at an event at L.A. hot spot The Redbury, where Billboard revealed their 2013 Power 100 List at an exclusive event, presented by Citi®, with leading music industry professionals.
The evening culminated with Clive Davis being honored with the Billboard Musical Visionary Award for his A&R work. The award will be renamed to Billboard’s Clive Davis Musical Visionary Award for future recipients.
This weekend, at the annual GRAMMY Awards, Clive will hold his annual party and will honor the life of Whitney Houston. After the jump, the Power 100 list and video of Clive and R&B artist Miguel talking about about Whitney.
Did you watch the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards this year??? I’ve got it on my DVR, because I was busy hanging out backstage with presenters, nominees and winners — at the Emergen-C Inner City of Strength in The Presenters Gift Lounge backstage at The Nokia Theatre in Celebration of The 64th Primetime Emmy(R) Awards!
I had the pleasure of welcoming and chatting with stars from television’s biggest shows like Breaking Bad, Modern Family, Mad Men, New Girl, Damages, Homeland, Downton Abbey. Some of my favorite moments were with “30 Rock’s” Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan, “Modern Family” winner Eric Stonestreet, actresses Lucy Liu, Martha Plimpton, and Mayim Bialik (Blossom!!!), the iconic Glen Close & so many more…
I had so many favorite moments but here is Micah Jesse’s Top 5 Favorite Primetime Emmy Awards Moments for 2012:
- Actor, director and all-around intertainment industry legend Ron Howard stopped by the Emergen-C City of Inner Strength, where I was holding court, and told me that Super Orange was his favorite flavor because it reminded him of Tang, the popular drink from the “Happy Days” era. When asked where he’s residing these days, Ron said, “we really live in New York – we have an apartment in Santa Monica but most of our time is spent at our houses in Manhattan and Westchester County.” He went on to explain that he “grew up in Los Angeles and loves it here, but New York is now home.” Home to me, too, Ron!
- Giancarlo Esposito, who was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for “Breaking Bad”, was such a breath of fresh air! I asked the vivacious actor if he drank Emergen-C, he said, “Are you kidding me – I don’t travel without it!” If Giancarlo had a superpower, he told me he would actually have a dual-superpower…he would be able to read minds & fly. Love that!
- Who’s more fun than “30″ rock star Tracy Morgan? Easy answer — no one! The funnyman stopped backstage to kick his feet up and relax before the show was over and entertain us all. Tracy had us fizzing at the seams with hysterics. At one point he picked up the phone and said, “Tell Barack I’ll be right there!” You can actually watch a clip from Access Hollywood!
- Best known for playing Al Bundy on “Married With Children,” actor Ed O’Neill was celebrating an Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series nomination for his role as Jay Pritchett on “Modern Family.” As much as he loves his role as an actor, Ed told me that ultimately, he wants to be best known for being a “super dad.” Awwwwwwww!!!! Mush!
- And last, but certainly not least, having a moment with actor Eric Stonestreet, who won Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his role as Cameron Tucker on “Modern Family.” The actor told me he is “super” at cooking and makes a mean steak. And he laughed off rumors of dating Charlize Theron but said he wasn’t mad about it! I wouldn’t be either!
All Photos: Gabriel Olsen/WireImage
Celebrity guests also walked away with gifts from: Bertolli® Sauces and Frozen Meals, Zerona (Body-Sculpting Treatments), New Balance (Minimus 1010′s), TiVo® (Premiere 4 DVR), New Era Cap Co., Black & Decker (PLATINUM Hand Vacs), CND (Shellac™ Manicures), Kipling, Ultimate Ears by Logitech, Aquaswiss Watches, Jill Reno Collection, Crunch Gym and more.
The celebrations kicked off at the glamorous Beverly Hills Hotel with music by DJ Pauly D, and continued the following day at Markham Middle School, where I joined WWE Superstars Mark Henry and Alberto Del Rio, actor Ryan Ochoa, the CEO of the Creative Coalition Robin Bronk, Mayor Villaraigosa and Congresswoman Sanchez to speak to young students about the Be a STAR message:
“Don’t be a bully, Be a STAR… Show Tolerance And Respect!”
In addition to meeting Betsey, the festivities will include some super fab-ulistic raffles and prizes from 3pm-4:30pm. You won’t want to miss this good time!
To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of The Grove, Betsey has also designed an exclusive hot pink shoe (pictured above, available only for a limited time only) which you can get your hands on exclusively at Nordstrom until the 18th to receive VIP passes to the meet-n-greet!
See y’all at Betsey Mania!!!!
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 Pink Carpet — VIDEO
- Miley Cyrus: 7 BEST Dressed Red Carpet Moments Of 2013
- Backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 — VIDEO
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Reveal Their Ultimate Beauty Secrets!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight