On Thursday night in NYC, Samsung celebrated the launch of its Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy locations nationwide, as well as the arrival of the brand new Galaxy S 4 smartphone, with a big ‘ole megabash!
To get the party started, Rev Run (of Run DMC) joined DJ Ruckus for a 45-minute set, after which guests were treated to an intimate concert by Bruno Mars, who played fan favorites including “Locked Out of Heaven,” “Marry you,” “Treasure” and “When I Was Your Man.”
At the concert, guests – including Rosario Dawson, singer Jason Derulo, Katrina Bowden (30 Rock) and Vincent Piazza (Boardwalk Empire) – were treated to an interactive experience resembling a giant Samsung Experience Shop featuring all of Samsung’s hottest new technology such as the brand new Galaxy S 4 smartphone and Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet, as well as the Galaxy Camera, the Galaxy Note II and more.
Celebrating their all new web platform and magazine, Billboard hosted a concert in NYC that was fit for the stars!
Kicking off the night at Stage 48 was YouTube sensation Timeflies who took to the stage to perform some of their most famous covers, followed by a performance by an electric performance by Neon Trees. Just before 11 PM, E! News host Alicia Quarles introduced Grammy Award-winning rapper Ludacris who took to the stage and performed a handfull of his hottest hits including “Roll Out,” “Move Bitch,” “Yeah!” and more, while the packed crowd rocked with him.
Check out more HOT SHOTS and a clip from Ludacris Billboard Party performance…after the jump!
…well, sort of!
Today, Estefan Enterprises and the Nederlander Organization announced they have begun to develop and produce a new Broadway show, inspired by the music made famous by International superstar Gloria Estefan and her husband musician/producer and entrepreneur Emilio Estefan.
The musical will be set in a way that tells the Estefans’ riveting life story detailing their journey all the way from Cuba to superstardom. Additional elements will be announced and worked through with a creative team that will be assigned at a later date.
With seven Grammy Awards and over 100 million albums sold worldwide, Gloria Estefan is the most successful crossover performer in the history of Latin music. No lie!
Don’t tell me you don’t know her hits — “Conga,” The Rhythm is Going To Get You” and “1, 2, 3″ among others. GLORIA is a celebratory favorite around the G-L-O-B-E!
She was won and been honored with practically a bajillion awards over the course of her career — including the American Music Award for Lifetime Achievement, MTV Music Video Awards, BMI Songwriter of the Year, and more and more and more. She was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and has received multiple Billboard Awards for her many chart-topping hits.
Her hubby, Emilio Estefan, is a world-renowned music, television and film producer who has been instrumental in shaping, developing and directing the careers of his superstar wife, as well as Shakira, Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony and Jon Secada. With a resume that includes over 30 Grammy nominations and 19 Grammy Awards, Estefan has experimented and pushed the envelope of blending Latin, pop and world rhythms creating a unique style and personality that has created chart-topping worldwide hits.
“We are very excited to partner with the Nederlander Organization and Bernie Yuman to, after almost a decade of planning and developing, bring our music and life story to Broadway,” said Gloria and Emilio Estefan. “We are very excited to share this story, which is based on hope, determination and the belief that with hard work and passion, our dreams can become our reality. Our music has been a true reflection of who we are, where we came from and the journey that has brought us to where we are today. Our cultural roots, our life-defining challenges and the rewards that come with believing in yourself and striving for that which you believe in wholeheartedly, will be the foundation for this theatrical production. Sharing our life story through music will give us a new opportunity to honor our roots and, hopefully, to be able to inspire generations to come.”
Are you excited about this news? Will you be buying tickets to see Gloria Estefan & Emilio Estefan’s life story unfold on Broadway?
Designer Marc Jacobs was on hand at New York City’s 92Y to chat with fashion frontronner Fern Mallis about everything from his history with drugs to the future of his burgeoning brand. Audience members listened intently as Fern grilled him about tough topics and cheered him on before the reception presented by MARTINI. Here are some key sound bites from the interview:
- Marc Jacobs on childhood: “I didn’t have the most delightful childhood.” Fern Mallis: “Well, you’re having one now.”
- Marc Jacobs on Studio 54 and taking his books there so he could go straight from the establishment to high school in the morning: “It taught me to behave extravagantly: I learned about substances and anonymous sex,” he said with a laugh.
- On his favorite tattoo? A Scott Campbell created rendering of a Jean-Michel Frank sofa. Why? “Just that, it’s a couch.”
- On his next possible tattoo? ManBearPig from South Park.
- On being tabloid fodder: “I love attention.”
- Robert Duffy is the longest relationship Marc has ever had: “We’ve never been lovers, we’ve never even kissed on the lips — well, not on purpose.”
- On Tom Ford, now and when he worked with him at Perry Ellis: “Tom is Tom, he’s always been Tom.”
- On the grunge collection he created at Perry Ellis: “It was the most liberating collection I’ve ever done. It was about being “perfectly imperfect” with this “f*ck off thing.”
- On building personal wealth since signing on at Louis Vuitton: “I don’t think I’m very rich, I think I’m comfortable. I have a nice art collection.”
- On getting the top job at Louis Vuitton when other designers like Peter Copping were also working there: “I won, I’m not being a bitch, but I’ve been there for fifteen years — though I don’t know if I’ll be there for fifteen more.”
- On his collaborations with artists at Vuitton: “Contemporary art influences everything.”
- Marc’s favorite artist is Ed Ruscha. When he first began collecting, he “was intimidated, but when I was intimidated I missed out. Don’t judge art, see and experience it.”
- On going to rehab and his current relationship with substances: “I’m not perfect, I’m perfect as I am. I’m mostly sober. I like wine sometimes, some whiskey, a joint, other stuff.”
- On his difficult, health-conscious diet: “I started to like how I looked, that was really fun.”
- Fern Mallis asked, “Do you consider yourself a heartthrob.” Marc Jacobs: “No, Tom Ford’s a heartthrob.”
- On receiving multiple awards: “I don’t believe in awards, I think they’re an opportunity to thank people publicly though — the journey is the important thing.”
- On being up for the top job at Dior: “It was a long discussion. I never dreamed of being a couturier. I was honored and flattered. Dr. Robinson (Marc’s therapist) asked, ‘How will this improve your life.?’ And it wouldn’t. Mr. Arnault and I both decided against it.”
- On the present: “I’m trying to stay in the moment as much as possible.”
- On when he know he had made it: “I don’t think I’ve made it yet.”
There’s just no stopping Betsey Johnson!
Hundreds of the blondeshell designer’s biggest fans came out to Macy’s at Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island, New York on Saturday (Dec 15) for a once-in-a-lifetime meeting with her. New York City-based DJ Kalkutta helped keep the energy high in between raffles, giveaways (Betsey shoes, bags and other merchandise) and a printed picture with Betsey herself.
Why? Because of my “gorgeous Cosby sweater” (courtesy of Robert Graham) and Jewish star (courtesy of my Jewish mother)!
The sultry songstress talked about some of her playlist favorites and gearing up for her next album… and even sings a little tune!
You’ve got to see this!
FOR MORE FABULOUS INTERVIEWS FROM MICAH JESSE…… CLICK HERE!!!!!!!!!
On Saturday, December 15, iconic American designer Betsey Johnson was on hand at Macy’s at Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island, NY, to meet some of her biggest fans.
I was there to host the afternoon — where around 350 fans gathered — for a once-in-a-lifetime meeting with Betsey herself.
A full video recap is coming soon, but in the meantime, watch this very special clip of Betsey Johnson’s 6 Wishes For The Holidays!
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
- VIDEO: Bruno Mars Headlines Samsung Launch Event In New York City
- Isaac Mizrahi Hosts Annual Spring Party 2013
- Ben Affleck Will “Live Below the Line” on $1.50 a Day
- VIDEO: Watch Footage From “The Mrs. Carter Show” World Tour Starring Beyonce!
- INTERVIEW: Ciara Talks Boyfriend Future, “Body Party” Music Video, New Album & More!
- Hottie Highlight: Is David Castro the next Channing Tatum?
- “Define Me” Music Video Premiere by Ryan Amador — Watch It Now!
- Help “Gossip Girl” Star Kelly Rutherford Get Her Kids Back!
- Beyonce, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana & More “Chime For Change” — VIDEO
- In GIFs — Rebel Wilson Hosts 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Hanson LIVE Interview on Music Choice U&A –Watch It Now!
- Kelly Rowland & Rita Ora Headline Elle Magazine’s Women in Music Concert — HOT SHOTS!
- “No Questions Off Limits”at Andy Cohen Atlantic City Book Signing
- Marla Joy Debuts Music Video For First Single “Tragedy” — Watch It Now!