All sorts of celebrities flocked to Churchill Downs to celebrate the 139th running of the Kentucky Derby, where Orb took the win.
Lance Bass, Lauren Conrad, Jason Biggs, Tiki Barber, Scottie Pippin, Kid Rock, Krysten Ritter, Joey Fatone, Miranda Lambert, Star Jones, Jason Biggs, Jenny Mollen, Christian Siriano, Carson Kressley, Jai Rodriguez and supermodel Coco Rocha were among the stars who walked the red carpet and signed a 6-liter bottle of Moet & Chandon Imperial for the brand’s ‘Sign for the Roses’ philanthropic initiative, which raises money for the Churchill Downs foundation.
Though it was pouring down rain, the celebrity attendees stayed dry on the tent covered red carpet, which provided shelter from storm.
Jennifer Hudson and Tom Brady were spotted in Millionaire’s Row but neither decided to walk the red carpet.
After the jump, celebrities sound off on their Kentucky Derby first experiences and fashion!
I had sooo much fun dishing all the dirt from The 2013 Academy Awards on Look Weekly! Watch the video above to see who we picked in our Oscars edition of HOT or NOT!
Designer Marc Jacobs was on hand at New York City’s 92Y to chat with fashion frontronner Fern Mallis about everything from his history with drugs to the future of his burgeoning brand. Audience members listened intently as Fern grilled him about tough topics and cheered him on before the reception presented by MARTINI. Here are some key sound bites from the interview:
- Marc Jacobs on childhood: “I didn’t have the most delightful childhood.” Fern Mallis: “Well, you’re having one now.”
- Marc Jacobs on Studio 54 and taking his books there so he could go straight from the establishment to high school in the morning: “It taught me to behave extravagantly: I learned about substances and anonymous sex,” he said with a laugh.
- On his favorite tattoo? A Scott Campbell created rendering of a Jean-Michel Frank sofa. Why? “Just that, it’s a couch.”
- On his next possible tattoo? ManBearPig from South Park.
- On being tabloid fodder: “I love attention.”
- Robert Duffy is the longest relationship Marc has ever had: “We’ve never been lovers, we’ve never even kissed on the lips — well, not on purpose.”
- On Tom Ford, now and when he worked with him at Perry Ellis: “Tom is Tom, he’s always been Tom.”
- On the grunge collection he created at Perry Ellis: “It was the most liberating collection I’ve ever done. It was about being “perfectly imperfect” with this “f*ck off thing.”
- On building personal wealth since signing on at Louis Vuitton: “I don’t think I’m very rich, I think I’m comfortable. I have a nice art collection.”
- On getting the top job at Louis Vuitton when other designers like Peter Copping were also working there: “I won, I’m not being a bitch, but I’ve been there for fifteen years — though I don’t know if I’ll be there for fifteen more.”
- On his collaborations with artists at Vuitton: “Contemporary art influences everything.”
- Marc’s favorite artist is Ed Ruscha. When he first began collecting, he “was intimidated, but when I was intimidated I missed out. Don’t judge art, see and experience it.”
- On going to rehab and his current relationship with substances: “I’m not perfect, I’m perfect as I am. I’m mostly sober. I like wine sometimes, some whiskey, a joint, other stuff.”
- On his difficult, health-conscious diet: “I started to like how I looked, that was really fun.”
- Fern Mallis asked, “Do you consider yourself a heartthrob.” Marc Jacobs: “No, Tom Ford’s a heartthrob.”
- On receiving multiple awards: “I don’t believe in awards, I think they’re an opportunity to thank people publicly though — the journey is the important thing.”
- On being up for the top job at Dior: “It was a long discussion. I never dreamed of being a couturier. I was honored and flattered. Dr. Robinson (Marc’s therapist) asked, ‘How will this improve your life.?’ And it wouldn’t. Mr. Arnault and I both decided against it.”
- On the present: “I’m trying to stay in the moment as much as possible.”
- On when he know he had made it: “I don’t think I’ve made it yet.”
Naomi Campbell has still got it!
The 42-year-old model strikes a fierce pose for the newest issue of ELLE Magazine (on newsstands Jan. 15!) In the spread, she dishes about her new show The Face on Oxygen, that cell phone “incident,” and her relationship with Tyra Banks.
On mentoring girls on Oxygen’s The Face:
“When I first got Yves Saint Laurent couture, I didn’t know how to take off a cape. I would ask Katoucha and Dalma – the real divas of the runway – ‘Can you show me?’ I’ve never been afraid to ask for help… I care for my girls [on the show]. Every single one of them. I’m not here to put anyone down.”
On the infamous cell-phone-throwing incident:
“I’m never gonna get away from it. It’s part of my history. I was remorseful and regretful. I’ve served. I did that time. And I never want to be in that position again.”
On if she watches Tyra Banks’ America’s Next Top Model:
“I don’t watch the other reality model shows. I’ll never have anything to say. If you ask me about Tyra Banks, I’m proud of her as a woman of color. She’s given girls opportunity, and God bless her.”
Keep reading for more photos from the scorching hot spread!
There’s just no stopping Betsey Johnson!
Hundreds of the blondeshell designer’s biggest fans came out to Macy’s at Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island, New York on Saturday (Dec 15) for a once-in-a-lifetime meeting with her. New York City-based DJ Kalkutta helped keep the energy high in between raffles, giveaways (Betsey shoes, bags and other merchandise) and a printed picture with Betsey herself.
Designer Rebecca Minkoff has no shortage of famous friends and she enlisted some of her faves to help wish YOU and YOURS a Happy Holidays (to the tune of Mariah Carey‘s “All I Want For Christmas Is You”). Could she be any more fabulous?!
You won’t believe it when I tell you — but the hottest new “hang out” in New York City isn’t a club — it’s a store!
Located in between the stylish Meatpacking District and West Village, OWEN has become the place for celebrities like Beyonce to shop and two of the hottest topics in fashion — The Man Repeller and DANNIJO — to throw parties. And that is just what went down on Thursday (Nov 15), fashionistas/os came together to celebrate celebrity favorite DANNIJO lauch their Resort Collection, with a boozy soiree hosted by the omnipresent Leandra Medine.
MJ caught up with Leandra about her crazy successes, including a New York Times profile upcoming launching her blog, and the sisters a la DANNIJO, Danielle and Jodie, about their new collection and what they’ve got in the works… Interviews with both coming soon! For more on OWEN, check out their website: http://www.owennyc.com
[Micah JesStyle: All Saints UK snoodie and 7 For All Mankind waxed denim, $218]
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
- Isaac Mizrahi Hosts Annual Spring Party 2013
- Ben Affleck Will “Live Below the Line” on $1.50 a Day
- VIDEO: Watch Footage From “The Mrs. Carter Show” World Tour Starring Beyonce!
- INTERVIEW: Ciara Talks Boyfriend Future, “Body Party” Music Video, New Album & More!
- Hottie Highlight: Is David Castro the next Channing Tatum?
- “Define Me” Music Video Premiere by Ryan Amador — Watch It Now!
- Help “Gossip Girl” Star Kelly Rutherford Get Her Kids Back!
- Beyonce, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana & More “Chime For Change” — VIDEO
- In GIFs — Rebel Wilson Hosts 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Hanson LIVE Interview on Music Choice U&A –Watch It Now!
- Kelly Rowland & Rita Ora Headline Elle Magazine’s Women in Music Concert — HOT SHOTS!
- “No Questions Off Limits”at Andy Cohen Atlantic City Book Signing
- Marla Joy Debuts Music Video For First Single “Tragedy” — Watch It Now!
- VIDEO: Micah Jesse Interview with singer Andy Grammer in NYC