The 42-year-old will join the judges table for season 12. Her salary is expected to be somewhere north of $12 million — the sum paid Jennifer Lopez during her first year on the show — and possibly as high as $17 million.
Wowza! Go Mimi!
“It’s the biggest recording artist than any of these [singing competition] shows have ever had,” Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly told critics at their press tour in Beverly Hills on Monday. “It’s an artist many of these contestants have tried to emulate.”
The addition of Mimi comes on the heels of Steven Tyler quitting the show, and Fox being unable to convince Jennifer Lopez to sign on for a third round. Lopez was holding out for a raise beyond her $15 million second-year salary.
As of now, Randy Jackson (who is also Carey’s manager) is now expected to stay on board, though nothing has yet been announced.
Either way, Fox is expected to now focus on its search for another male judge. According to reports, former American Idol contestant Adam Lambert is being considered.
What do you think of Mariah joining the show? Will she improve Idol‘s ratings?
A new poll from Billboard.com has crowned an unlikeley pair as the Sexiest Man and Women in Music. Despite the combination, there is no doubt that Billboard voter’s choice of the current X Factor Judge, Britney Spears, and American Idol star, Adam Lambert was a good one. It’s hard to disagree that Adam and Britney are sexy!
In the poll that brought in over 600,000 votes, Spears earned 45% of the vote for sexiest female, followed by Lady Gaga with 12% of the vote and Beyonce in 3rd with 8% of the vote. Adam Lambert took 26% of the votes for sexiest male, beating out Maroon 5′s Adam Levine into second place with 12%, while Justin Bieber placed third with 10%.
What do you guys think!? Do you agree with the final vote?
Glam rock singer Adam Lambert sat down with MC’s “The F Word” to talk about fame, fans, being a role model and much much more!
Ricky Martin looked like a million bucks at the opening night festivities for his “Evita” Broadway gig at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Martin has been working hard and is ready to show off his stage skills!
Kid Cudi spotted on the mic hyping the crowd from the DJ booth at boutique Hollywood nightclub AGENCY Tuesday, as Fernando Garibay, official musical director for Lady Gaga during the making of album “Born This Way,” played an entrancing DJ set.
Mad Men’s Jon Hamm and John Slattery sawing into steaks at Ben Benson’s with NBC’s Brian Williams, Al Roker, Today Show Producer Jim Bell, PR Man Jon Harris and Andy Ostroy of the Adrienne Shelly Foundation. Ben Benson himself came out to greet the crew, who gathered for a charitable lunch to benefit the Foundation.
CMT star Melissa Rycroft kicked off her heels and slipped into some chic and comfy Crocs at The Palazzo Hotel in Las Vegas this weekend for some much needed R&R with her family – husband, Tye Strickland and daughter, Ava Grace. Ava Marie was spotted in Croc’s Keely shoes in a Navy/Pink Lemonade.
Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal were spotted out and about in the big apple this week. The stud and his pregnant sister walked through Chinatown while the paparazzi captured some good shots! Nothing like some sibling bonding!
Kim Kardashian goes west…no pun intended. The reality star was spotted at JFK airport catching a flight out of NYC back to good ol’ LA! She looked cute and casual wearing a printed white top and a big smile as well!
FOR MORE STAR SIGHTINGS THIS WEEK, KEEP READING…
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Reveal Their Ultimate Beauty Secrets!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight
- ‘DWTS’ Cast Celebrates Val Chmerkovskiy ‘Valentin’ Clothing Launch in Los Angeles — HOT SHOTS!
- Spotlight On: Jolie’s Sweet Creations — Meet The Cronut’s Competition!
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie At Mega Concert in NYC’s Bryant Park — VIDEO