I’m joining ONE, the global anti-poverty group founded by U2 frontman Bono, for their “It starts with me” campaign, a YouTube video series designed to commemorate World AIDS Day (Dec 1) and inspire global action in the fight against AIDS.
“It starts with me,” which can be viewed on ONE’s YouTube channel, features an initial lineup of video messages and personal stories from a broad range of contributors such as activist Cleve Jones, actors Colin Farrell, Zoe Saldana (Watch!), and Kellan Lutz (Watch!), as well as ONE members and others from around the World, who are committed to the fight against AIDS.
Colin Farrell says of AIDS: “It’s not an African disease; it’s not an American disease. It’s not a disease that is of any country, any region or any continent … or any sexuality, gay, straight …. It’s just a human disease that has taken so much life, and it continues to do so. It doesn’t have to be that way. As one world, let’s end this.”
In conjunction with the video series, ONE is launching a new accountability report that monitors progress made towards the “the beginning of the end of AIDS.” Specifically, the report analyzes progress made on three key targets–the virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission, 15 million people on treatment, and the reduction of new adolescent/adult HIV infections–and assesses the political, programmatic, and financial contributions made by a variety of stakeholders.
Zach Galifianakis, Sarah Silverman, Tracy Morgan, Chloe Moretz, Marisa Tomei and Isaiah Mustafa (the “Old Spice” guy) teamed up with our pals at Funny Or Die for a humorous video to make the point that, while there are a number of fantastical things that won’t come true in the year 2015, there is one that can come true…the beginning of the end of AIDS.
We can actually end AIDS, which is just great to even write!
Lady Gaga, U2′s Bono and the Edge, Usher, and just-announced Kenny Chesney, K’naan and Columbian superstar Juanes, are the first crop of artists slated to help ring in the 10th anniversary of former President Clinton‘s foundation with a concert.
(Pssssst! It also happens to be Bill’s 65th Birthday! Can you say “Happy Birthday, Mister President?” Hope Gaga does the honors!)
“A Decade of Difference: A Concert Celebrating 10 Years of the William J. Clinton Foundation” will take place next Saturday night, Oct. 15, at the Hollywood Bowl. If you can’t make it, lucky for you — you can catch a live-feed of the show on Yahoo!
The event is said to be gathering “the most influential and socially responsible artists in music, film, and television.”
“In the past decade, commitments to my Clinton Global Initiative have improved the lives of more than 300 million people around the world,” Clinton said in a statement. “We’ve lowered the cost of AIDS and HIV treatment, combated climate change, strengthened economies, increased access to education and healthcare, provided financing and mentoring for small businesses. This celebration marks ten years of these efforts and demonstrates how much we can do to make a difference in the years ahead.”
Micah Jesse will be in the house (backstage, on the red carpet & inside the show) live-Tweeting all the star-studded action, so be sure to follow along in real time on Twitter @MicahJesse!
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
- VIDEO: Bruno Mars Headlines Samsung Launch Event In New York City
- Isaac Mizrahi Hosts Annual Spring Party 2013
- Ben Affleck Will “Live Below the Line” on $1.50 a Day
- VIDEO: Watch Footage From “The Mrs. Carter Show” World Tour Starring Beyonce!
- INTERVIEW: Ciara Talks Boyfriend Future, “Body Party” Music Video, New Album & More!
- Hottie Highlight: Is David Castro the next Channing Tatum?
- “Define Me” Music Video Premiere by Ryan Amador — Watch It Now!
- Help “Gossip Girl” Star Kelly Rutherford Get Her Kids Back!
- Beyonce, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana & More “Chime For Change” — VIDEO
- In GIFs — Rebel Wilson Hosts 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Hanson LIVE Interview on Music Choice U&A –Watch It Now!
- Kelly Rowland & Rita Ora Headline Elle Magazine’s Women in Music Concert — HOT SHOTS!
- “No Questions Off Limits”at Andy Cohen Atlantic City Book Signing
- Marla Joy Debuts Music Video For First Single “Tragedy” — Watch It Now!