Everyone on the Northeast was affected one way or another by Hurricane Sandy. For many people, it was a traumatizing storm, that washed away entire homes. Others were without power for a week or more. One thing I think that everyone learned from that storm, one way or another, is that “safety never takes a vacation” (my Mom always told me this growing up). In other words, if they tell you to evacuate — do it — and there is no such thing as too much preparation!
MJ reader Allyson shared with me her love for candles (especially during the Holidays). I love them too (I am especially lusting over Fresh’s Sake candle right now). However, in a hurricane like the one we just experienced, sometimes a candle or two just wont cut it, especially in a city, when you have to trek up and down dozens of floors and your building is without power (I know too many people who experienced this). And who knows when this could happen again?!
I love my readers, and I want you all to be safe and prepared at all times, wherever you are. So, I am recommending this Stanley Tripod LED Flashlight (available using American Express Membership Rewards points) that is SO BOLD and SO BRIGHT a “little power outage” wouldn’t even phase you. This flashlight has innovative LED lights, a compact tripod design with hands-free convenience and a low power indicator.
“Santa Baby, hurry down the chimney tonight” (…and bring a flashlight!)
It’s that “most wonderful time of the year” time of year and… you’re procrastinating sorting out your holiday gifts, aren’t you? And who doesn’t have those one or two people who are really, really difficult to shop for?! I know I do.
So that is why I am sooooooo thrilled to be an American Express ambassador for their #PointsForPresents Holiday program this year! Over the last few weeks I have been digging through their extensive catalog of goodies and I’ve compiled a few of my faves to help you — my fabulous and in-the-know readers — pick out some seriously stellar gifts (all shoppable using American Express Membership Rewards) that seriously everyone will love!
American Express helps ease the pain of shopping by allowing their Cardmembers to earn and use Membership Rewards points. Surely you already know you can earn points for almost every purchase you make (and with no expiration date)… But — did you know you can use your points on a wide variety of gift cards, retail purchases, travel and entertainment events? Aha!
KEEP READING TO SEE WHICH GIFTS ARE MY PEACH PICKS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON…
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
- VIDEO: Bruno Mars Headlines Samsung Launch Event In New York City
- Isaac Mizrahi Hosts Annual Spring Party 2013
- Ben Affleck Will “Live Below the Line” on $1.50 a Day
- VIDEO: Watch Footage From “The Mrs. Carter Show” World Tour Starring Beyonce!
- INTERVIEW: Ciara Talks Boyfriend Future, “Body Party” Music Video, New Album & More!
- Hottie Highlight: Is David Castro the next Channing Tatum?
- “Define Me” Music Video Premiere by Ryan Amador — Watch It Now!
- Help “Gossip Girl” Star Kelly Rutherford Get Her Kids Back!
- Beyonce, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana & More “Chime For Change” — VIDEO
- In GIFs — Rebel Wilson Hosts 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Hanson LIVE Interview on Music Choice U&A –Watch It Now!
- Kelly Rowland & Rita Ora Headline Elle Magazine’s Women in Music Concert — HOT SHOTS!
- “No Questions Off Limits”at Andy Cohen Atlantic City Book Signing
- Marla Joy Debuts Music Video For First Single “Tragedy” — Watch It Now!