Everyone on the Northeast was affected one way or another by Hurricane Sandy. For many people, it was a traumatizing storm, that washed away entire homes. Others were without power for a week or more. One thing I think that everyone learned from that storm, one way or another, is that “safety never takes a vacation” (my Mom always told me this growing up). In other words, if they tell you to evacuate — do it — and there is no such thing as too much preparation!
MJ reader Allyson shared with me her love for candles (especially during the Holidays). I love them too (I am especially lusting over Fresh’s Sake candle right now). However, in a hurricane like the one we just experienced, sometimes a candle or two just wont cut it, especially in a city, when you have to trek up and down dozens of floors and your building is without power (I know too many people who experienced this). And who knows when this could happen again?!
I love my readers, and I want you all to be safe and prepared at all times, wherever you are. So, I am recommending this Stanley Tripod LED Flashlight (available using American Express Membership Rewards points) that is SO BOLD and SO BRIGHT a “little power outage” wouldn’t even phase you. This flashlight has innovative LED lights, a compact tripod design with hands-free convenience and a low power indicator.
“Santa Baby, hurry down the chimney tonight” (…and bring a flashlight!)
It’s that “most wonderful time of the year” time of year and… you’re procrastinating sorting out your holiday gifts, aren’t you? And who doesn’t have those one or two people who are really, really difficult to shop for?! I know I do.
So that is why I am sooooooo thrilled to be an American Express ambassador for their #PointsForPresents Holiday program this year! Over the last few weeks I have been digging through their extensive catalog of goodies and I’ve compiled a few of my faves to help you — my fabulous and in-the-know readers — pick out some seriously stellar gifts (all shoppable using American Express Membership Rewards) that seriously everyone will love!
American Express helps ease the pain of shopping by allowing their Cardmembers to earn and use Membership Rewards points. Surely you already know you can earn points for almost every purchase you make (and with no expiration date)… But — did you know you can use your points on a wide variety of gift cards, retail purchases, travel and entertainment events? Aha!
KEEP READING TO SEE WHICH GIFTS ARE MY PEACH PICKS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON…
Jay-Z brought his Brooklyn swag to… Austin, Texas!
…But fuhgeddabout yeehaw-ing!
The nationally live-streamed show, presented by American Express, was packed with Jay-Z‘s greatest hip-hop hits, including “99 Problems,” ”Dirt Off Your Shoulder,” ”Empire State of Mind” and “Glory,” his ode to Blue Ivy Carter, the 2-month-old daughter he has with Beyonce.
“You had a beautiful time and I had a beautiful time,” Jay-Z said to the crowd. “That means every single person in this building from the front to the top, front to the top, everybody, everybody, everybody, scream!”
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight
- ‘DWTS’ Cast Celebrates Val Chmerkovskiy ‘Valentin’ Clothing Launch in Los Angeles — HOT SHOTS!
- Spotlight On: Jolie’s Sweet Creations — Meet The Cronut’s Competition!
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie At Mega Concert in NYC’s Bryant Park — VIDEO
- Ryan Lochte: My Goggles Go Off To Diana Nyad! — EXCLUSIVE Interview