He’s sexy, he’s smart (…went to Harvard!) and he makes music that will make you get on your feet and dance. Meet BAKER. The hottest new face in the world of Electro Pop music. Micah Jesse caught up with Baker:
Describe to me when you first knew you wanted to make music. What was it about making music and/or performing that attracted you?
When I was 8 years old at summer camp, it was my counselor’s idea for all of us to perform “Stand By Me” for the other groups. I remember the counselor loved my voice so much she put the microphone right in front of me, so even though everyone was singing, the crowd could only hear me. And I think on the surface, I enjoyed the attention (I still do) but really it was more about communication. If someone has a voice of their own – whether that means singing or public speaking or writing, they should develop it and share it.
- …to the “electro pop” genre specifically?
That’s the style that fit my writing and my voice the best; it was a pretty clear choice right from the start.
Who do you make music for? Who is your target audience?
I don’t have one; I’ve been amazed by how many different people of all ages and places and walks of life that have discovered my music, so I hope it only continues to expand.
KEEP READING FOR MORE FROM MICAH JESSE’S INTERVIEW WITH BAKER!
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight
- ‘DWTS’ Cast Celebrates Val Chmerkovskiy ‘Valentin’ Clothing Launch in Los Angeles — HOT SHOTS!
- Spotlight On: Jolie’s Sweet Creations — Meet The Cronut’s Competition!
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie At Mega Concert in NYC’s Bryant Park — VIDEO
- Ryan Lochte: My Goggles Go Off To Diana Nyad! — EXCLUSIVE Interview