More performers for the 2012 Teen Choice Awards have been announced and Fox has confirmed that pop singer Justin Bieber is set to take the stage during the upcoming July 22 event!
Bieber will join other stars including “Call Me Maybe” singer Carly Rae Jepsen, Flo Rida , No Doubt, and “Jersey Shore” star DJ Pauly D who is the DJ for the night. July 22 is also Justin’s girlfriend Selena Gomez’s 20th birthday. She has confirmed her attendance at the event so maybe he will have a surprise for her. I guess we will have to wait and see!
Aside from his performance, Justin Bieber has earned multiple nominations for this year’s Teen Choice Awards in various music categories including Choice Summer Song and Choice Male Summer Music Star.
Make sure to watch the awards which are scheduled to air live on FOX on July 22 from 8:00-10:00 P.M!
Fox has released the new promo for Season 4 of Glee only two weeks after the end of Season 3!
The promo gives us an inside look into what the possibilites are for the highschool graduates next fall. Although all the clips are from the previous season, the promo addresses many of the unanswered questions that viewers were left with after the ambiguous Season 3 finale. What will Kurt, played by actor Chris Colfer, do now that he has been rejected from NYDYA? Where will Will Schuester (Matthew Morrision) and Emma Pillsbury‘s(Jayma Mays) wedding take place? Where will the New Directions star Rachel Berry(Lea Michele) go next?
Watch on Fox on Thursdays (note the change of day) this fall!
What are you most excited for in Season 4?
American Idol Showdown: Jessica Sanchez & Phillip Phillips Battle It Out For The Win! Who Will It Be?
On last night’s episode, each of them sang three songs each: Simon Fuller’s choice, favorite song of the season, and their winner’s song.
In case you missed it, Jessica‘s performances are below, and Phillip’s — after the jump! Who do YOU think is going to take home the win?
Jessica Sanchez - I Have Nothing:
Jessica Sanchez - The Prayer:
Jessica Sanchez - Change Nothing:
Keep reading, to check out Phillip Phillips’ performances!
If you haven’t been watching “American Idol” this season, you’re missing out!
MJ agrees wholeheartedly!
On Wednesday night’s performance episode, the contestants were coached by No Doubt‘s Gwen Stefani and Tony Canali, in addition to music mogul Jimmy Iovine. There are strong girls and strong guys — but someone’s gotta R8TE the Top 8! So here’s MJ‘s rundown:
1. Jessica Sanchez – She effortlessly nailed her performance of Whitney Houston’s “How Will I Know.” The judges loved it, giving her yet another standing ovation! She is the absolute full package and is ready for stardom… MJ has been calling it for years right here on MicahJesse.com! (Watch the video of me and Jessica meeting in LA in 2008!)
2. Joshua Ledet – He brought power and a whole lot of soul to his performance tonight, singing, “If You Don’t Know Me By Now” by Simply Red. Tonight was a real dealbreaker for him. He is in this competition for the long haul. Even J.Lo said it — Joshua and Jessica could be the Top 2!
3. Phillip Phillips – I’m usually really impressed by Phillip but tonight was just “OK” for me. He performed “That’s All” by Genesis — with his brother on stage on the guitar. That was the most adorable thing!
4. DeAndrea Brackensick – Thankfully for onight was a shining night for DeAndre! He sang “I Like It” by DeBarge, which was a great choice for him, because it really allowed him to be playful with both the vocals and his movements. DeAndre shined tonight!
5. Skylar Laine – I was nervous for Skylar to sing “Wind Beneath My Wings,” made popular by Bette Midler , because that is a tough song to sing — and lots to live up to. Skylar really nailed it and especially brought it home in the end with a very powerful ending. I think Skylar is definitely safe from the bottom three.
6. Colton Dixon – Singing Cyndi Lauper’s “Time After Time” was a great choice for Colton tonight, especially with how he turned a usually female song into a beautifully masculine rendition. I think what Colton lacks is memorability, and that is so essential on this show.
7. Hollie Cavanagh – Holly has an incredible voice, but she just couldn’t catch a break tonight singing “Flashdance…What a Feeling,” the great theme song by Irene Cara . She had plenty of pitchy moments but the overall consensus was that she was stiff. The judges suggested that she not listen to criticism from the mentors so much so that it affects her performance. Hollie really needs to let go a little if she wants to stay in the competition.
8. Elise Testone – She’s got a powerful voice so I don’t think anyone questioned it when it was announced Elise would be singing “I Want To Know What Love Is,” by Foreigner. However, her performance tonight fell short of everyone’s expectations (especially after an amazing week last week), with lots of pitchy vocals. I think she is 100% going to be in the bottom 3 tomorrow. But will she get sent home? If so, I’m going to assume the judges will use a save on her. Let’s wait and see!
American Idol is getting GOOD again y’all!!
If you haven’t been tuning in, you’re really missing out. We’ve been on the edge of our seat every Wednesday and Thursday since the competition got down to the Top 12, to watch all the performances and anxiously wait to see who America sends home. The competition is stiffer than ever this year with so many incredible voices, but MJ is going to start posting the top performances — in cased you missed it!
On Wednesday night’s performance night the legendary Stevie Nicks was on hand to give her musical advice to the Top 9 contestants… and thankfully many of the contestants took it!
Here’s Micah Jesse’s Top 5 Performance Picks of the Night – Top 9!
#1. Jessica Sanchez – “Sweet Dreams”
#2. Phillip Phillips – “Still Rainin”
#3 Joshua Ledet – “Without You”
#4 Elise Testone – “Whole Lotta Love”
#5 Deandre Brackensick – “Sometimes I Cry”
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 Pink Carpet — VIDEO
- Miley Cyrus: 7 BEST Dressed Red Carpet Moments Of 2013
- Backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 — VIDEO
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Reveal Their Ultimate Beauty Secrets!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight