Musicians, politicians, celebrities and other public figures came together on Saturday afternoon (Sept 28) to help end global poverty at the annual Global Citizen Festival in NYC’s Central Park. This year’s headliners included Alicia Keys, John Mayer, Kings of Leon and a much-hyped finale by Stevie Wonder who performed for 60,000 people at The Great Lawn. Janelle Monae, Elvis Costello and Will.i.am also made appearances.
“Together, we can put every girl and boy in school,” said secretary Ban Ki-moon. “We can stop diseases. We can empower the world’s women and and protect our environment, this beautiful planet that is our only home.”
Or, as Wonder aptly put it: “We can end extreme poverty in our lifetime—because together we can work it out, and we will reach our higher ground.”
The biggest stars in Hollywood attend the Met Gala – it’s even been called the Oscars of the fashion world. This year, the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s annual Costume Institute ball celebrated Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli for their combined efforts in the creation of the Costume Institute’s newest exhibition, “Impossible Conversations.”
Let’s take a look at the top best dressed belles of the ball!
2. Beyonce showed off a flair for feathers and lace in her dramatic Givenchy gown, with a cascading feathery purple train. The new mom even rocked a light blue pedicure in honor of her 5-month-old daughter, Blue Ivy.
4. Sofia Vergara was perfectly platinum in Marchesa with $2 million worth of Harry Winston Jewels. The “Modern Family” actress wore a diamond feather fashion ring set in platinum, and diamond Micropave three-stone drop earrings set in platinum diamond.
What’s your favorite look?
The annual Cannes Film Festival always brings out the hottest stars and everyone knows how important it is to always look your best in France… That’s why celebs like Karolina Kurkova and Rob Lowe (pictured), Adrien Brody, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, John Hamm and Djimon Hounsou made sure to stop by the Solstice Sunglass Boutique pop-up shop on Tuesday (May 17) to pick up some super fierce shades.
On Thursday night, Karolina (who was wearing Chanel Haute Couture) was appropriately (and affectionately) snapped cuddling up to Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld on the red carpet at amfAR’s annual Cinema Against AIDS Gala at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc. The star-studded event brought out the likes of Janet Jackson, Goldie Hawn, Gavin Rossdale and Gwen Stefani, Jane Fonda, Kanye West, Jude Law, Freida Pinto and boyfriend Dev Patel and Courtney Love (who performed).
[Pictured Above: Karolina in Giorgio Armani 853S's and Rob in Gucci 2898S's from Solstice Sunglass Boutique]
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight
- ‘DWTS’ Cast Celebrates Val Chmerkovskiy ‘Valentin’ Clothing Launch in Los Angeles — HOT SHOTS!
- Spotlight On: Jolie’s Sweet Creations — Meet The Cronut’s Competition!
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie At Mega Concert in NYC’s Bryant Park — VIDEO
- Ryan Lochte: My Goggles Go Off To Diana Nyad! — EXCLUSIVE Interview