Beyonce sent chills across America on Monday afternoon when she sang a gorgeous rendition of the “Star Spangled Banner” in front of thousands of spectators, including of course, the POTUS, FLOTUS, First Fam — as well as a handfull of other big names including Bill and Hillary Clinton, Kelly Clarkson & more!
I’ve already watched the performance like 20x! It’s THAT good!
It seems like just yesterday Kelly Clarkson was honored with the title of the first American Idol. Now ten years later, the star’s single “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” has surpassed Carrie Underwood‘s “Before He Cheats” and has become the top selling single by an American Idol Contestant EVER!
According to the Hollywood reporter, Clarkson’s hit has officially sold 3,510,000 to Underwood’s 3,509,000 in single sales. “Stronger” was in the number 1 spot on the The Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks. Kelly also tops Carrie in terms of overall single downloads, 24.1 million to 22.535 million, but Carrie is still ahead when it comes to total album sales. Carrie has sold 13.205 million to Kelly‘s 11.664 million.
Although we love them both, this is a big moment for Kelly! CONGRATS!
Although we have all heard the song many times, Clarkson and Farol made it their own with interesting harmonies and haunting vocals. Kelly never ceases to amaze us and as expected put on a fabulous performance.
On the show Duets, celebrity singers are paired with amateurs and they sing for the judges. Last night’s episode, the third of the season, was titled “Finding Inspiration.”
What do you guys think of their version!?
On the last and final episode of “Speaking Of” (on Music Choice on-demand) for 2011, MJ was heating up the red carpet at the annual OUT100 Awards and Z-100 Jingle Ball in NYC and bringing you along for the ride as his “Plus 1!”
At the annual OUT100 Awards in New York City, Micah Jesse caught up with funnywoman Kathy Griffin, singer Adam Lambert, talk show host Wendy Williams, and “Modern Family” star Jesse Tyler Ferguson, all of whom were honored for being visionaries and supporters of the LGBT community.
Then it was on the annual Z-100 Jingle Ball, presented by Aeropostale, where MJ caught up with a dazzling Khloe Kardashian Odom, David Guetta, LMFAO frontman Travie McCoy, newbies Karmin and “New Years Eve” actress Abigail Breslin about everything from New Years plans and resolutions, to, of course, music!
Are y’all ready for “VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul”?
The exciting new lineup of talented performers has been announced and it’s quite impressive!
And, if that’s not enough The Roots will also be in the house!
The concert will pay tribute to great cities of Soul Music such as Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis, and Philadelphia.
Soul Music has greatly effected the 21st Century and who better to pay tribute to the genre than some of the most distinguished singers in the business? Performances are set to air on December 19th, 9pm and will take place at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. This edition of ‘VH1 Divas’, like those before it will benefit the VH1 Save the Music Foundation.
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight
- ‘DWTS’ Cast Celebrates Val Chmerkovskiy ‘Valentin’ Clothing Launch in Los Angeles — HOT SHOTS!
- Spotlight On: Jolie’s Sweet Creations — Meet The Cronut’s Competition!
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie At Mega Concert in NYC’s Bryant Park — VIDEO
- Ryan Lochte: My Goggles Go Off To Diana Nyad! — EXCLUSIVE Interview
- VIDEO: Diana Nyad Swims For Hurricane Sandy Relief in the Heart of NYC — Exclusive!