Did you watch the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards this year??? I’ve got it on my DVR, because I was busy hanging out backstage with presenters, nominees and winners — at the Emergen-C Inner City of Strength in The Presenters Gift Lounge backstage at The Nokia Theatre in Celebration of The 64th Primetime Emmy(R) Awards!
I had the pleasure of welcoming and chatting with stars from television’s biggest shows like Breaking Bad, Modern Family, Mad Men, New Girl, Damages, Homeland, Downton Abbey. Some of my favorite moments were with “30 Rock’s” Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan, “Modern Family” winner Eric Stonestreet, actresses Lucy Liu, Martha Plimpton, and Mayim Bialik (Blossom!!!), the iconic Glen Close & so many more…
I had so many favorite moments but here is Micah Jesse’s Top 5 Favorite Primetime Emmy Awards Moments for 2012:
- Actor, director and all-around intertainment industry legend Ron Howard stopped by the Emergen-C City of Inner Strength, where I was holding court, and told me that Super Orange was his favorite flavor because it reminded him of Tang, the popular drink from the “Happy Days” era. When asked where he’s residing these days, Ron said, “we really live in New York – we have an apartment in Santa Monica but most of our time is spent at our houses in Manhattan and Westchester County.” He went on to explain that he “grew up in Los Angeles and loves it here, but New York is now home.” Home to me, too, Ron!
- Giancarlo Esposito, who was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for “Breaking Bad”, was such a breath of fresh air! I asked the vivacious actor if he drank Emergen-C, he said, “Are you kidding me – I don’t travel without it!” If Giancarlo had a superpower, he told me he would actually have a dual-superpower…he would be able to read minds & fly. Love that!
- Who’s more fun than “30″ rock star Tracy Morgan? Easy answer — no one! The funnyman stopped backstage to kick his feet up and relax before the show was over and entertain us all. Tracy had us fizzing at the seams with hysterics. At one point he picked up the phone and said, “Tell Barack I’ll be right there!” You can actually watch a clip from Access Hollywood!
- Best known for playing Al Bundy on “Married With Children,” actor Ed O’Neill was celebrating an Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series nomination for his role as Jay Pritchett on “Modern Family.” As much as he loves his role as an actor, Ed told me that ultimately, he wants to be best known for being a “super dad.” Awwwwwwww!!!! Mush!
- And last, but certainly not least, having a moment with actor Eric Stonestreet, who won Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his role as Cameron Tucker on “Modern Family.” The actor told me he is “super” at cooking and makes a mean steak. And he laughed off rumors of dating Charlize Theron but said he wasn’t mad about it! I wouldn’t be either!
All Photos: Gabriel Olsen/WireImage
Celebrity guests also walked away with gifts from: Bertolli® Sauces and Frozen Meals, Zerona (Body-Sculpting Treatments), New Balance (Minimus 1010′s), TiVo® (Premiere 4 DVR), New Era Cap Co., Black & Decker (PLATINUM Hand Vacs), CND (Shellac™ Manicures), Kipling, Ultimate Ears by Logitech, Aquaswiss Watches, Jill Reno Collection, Crunch Gym and more.
A very smiley Lea Michele was all about lending a hand to charity this week! The “Glee” darling was front and center as she took to the Hearst Tower to host the Valspar Hands For Habitat Unveiling Ceremony in NYC!
Ashlee Simpson played host for the big Samsung Galaxy S III event this week in the Big Apple! The songstress hung out with Nick Millhiser and Alex Frankel of Holy Ghost as paparazzi snapped away while they enjoyed the New York City launch!
Eva Longoria attended the Lay’s Potato Chips “Do Us a Favor” gig in New York City this week joined by Chef Michael Symon! The “Over Her Dead Body” hottie hosted the even in Times Square looking fab as always in a white dress and heels!
Ashley Tisdale made a very “pink” appearance at Macy’s Herald Square in New York City this week to help support the launch of Puma Project Pink- a very worthy cause dedicated to the fight against breast cancer! The 27-year-old was the host of the evening and an adorable host at that!
Where have you been, Rihanna? The Barbados beauty kicked off the weekend a bit early making her rounds in Capri, Italy! The superstar was joined by a couple of friends before the group dined at the exclusive II San Pietro restaurant.
Mad Men bad boy, Sam Page, was busy doting on his girlfriend of one year at the West Coast Launch of Carrera 6000. It seems that his real life personality does not reflect his character on the show; the onscreen player was busy attending to his blond beauty all night long. As he posed for photos, he always made sure that his girl was right beside him. She’s one lucky lady!
HAVE A CELEBRITY SIGHTING? SEND TO INFO@MICAHJESSE.COM! AND KEEP READING FOR MORE CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS THIS WEEK!
Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill were spotted at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in LA for the west coast premiere of “21 Jump Street” this week. Both seemed to be enjoying the evening as co-stars Robb Riggle, Ice Cube and Holly Robinson Peete did as well.
Tyra Banks was spotted catching up with friends at Beauty and Essex on this week over tomato tartare, chicken meatballs, and general tso’s monkfish! YUM! She also attended the Endometriosis Foundation of America’s 4th Annual Blossom Ball at the New York Public Library.
Super Bowl champ, Victor Cruz was on the scene this week experiencing Old Spice’s Bounty of scents at Highline Stages in the Big Apple! Model Chrissy Teigen and Old Spice guys Isaiah Mustafa and Terry Crews were both there as well to support!
Only two weeks away from the season 5 premiere of AMC’s hit series “Mad Men,” the stars hit the red carpet in Los Angeles this week to celebrate. John Hamm and January Jones were on-hand working the press area both all smiles at the Arclight Cinerama Dome venue.
“Twilight” Kellan Lutz and Sharni Vinson aren’t holding back! The two were spotted sharing some affectionate PDA in Venice, California this week. We’ll save the taboids some time- the two seem very happy to say the least!
KEEP READING FOR MORE STAR SIGHTINGS THIS WEEK…
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
- VIDEO: Bruno Mars Headlines Samsung Launch Event In New York City
- Isaac Mizrahi Hosts Annual Spring Party 2013
- Ben Affleck Will “Live Below the Line” on $1.50 a Day
- VIDEO: Watch Footage From “The Mrs. Carter Show” World Tour Starring Beyonce!
- INTERVIEW: Ciara Talks Boyfriend Future, “Body Party” Music Video, New Album & More!
- Hottie Highlight: Is David Castro the next Channing Tatum?
- “Define Me” Music Video Premiere by Ryan Amador — Watch It Now!
- Help “Gossip Girl” Star Kelly Rutherford Get Her Kids Back!
- Beyonce, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana & More “Chime For Change” — VIDEO
- In GIFs — Rebel Wilson Hosts 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Hanson LIVE Interview on Music Choice U&A –Watch It Now!
- Kelly Rowland & Rita Ora Headline Elle Magazine’s Women in Music Concert — HOT SHOTS!
- “No Questions Off Limits”at Andy Cohen Atlantic City Book Signing
- Marla Joy Debuts Music Video For First Single “Tragedy” — Watch It Now!