Pop star Miley Cyrus has seen her name on a fare share of “worst dressed” lists this year. Her risque, over-the-top and/or barely-there clothing hasn’t sat well with parents or entertainment critics, but the fashion community has embraced the “Wrecking Ball” singer.
Below are some of Miley Cyrus Best Dressed Looks of 2013…
WATCH my coverage of the 2012 Fashion Group International’s Annual Night of Stars
Miley Cyrus may have suffered a makeup malfunction at the Maxim Hot 100 Party held at Vanguard in Hollywood, California as the magazine’s HOT 100 #1 girl, but her outfit was on point! She opted for a black strapless Valentino jumpsuit with a white banded neckline featuring a sculptural contrast back bow and added her favorite Saint Laurent ‘Paloma’ sandals (which we’ve also seen on Kelly Rowland and Jada Pinkett Smith).
VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
I joined Diana Madison and the Hollyscoop TV to dish on the most notable looks of the week. This week we discussed Lea Michele‘s comeback in Calvin Klein, Miley Cyrus‘ unexpected glam turn in Marc Jacobs at the Night of Stars, and Kim Kardashian‘s Valentino exclusive.
Designer Marc Jacobs was on hand at New York City’s 92Y to chat with fashion frontronner Fern Mallis about everything from his history with drugs to the future of his burgeoning brand. Audience members listened intently as Fern grilled him about tough topics and cheered him on before the reception presented by MARTINI. Here are some key sound bites from the interview:
- Marc Jacobs on childhood: “I didn’t have the most delightful childhood.” Fern Mallis: “Well, you’re having one now.”
- Marc Jacobs on Studio 54 and taking his books there so he could go straight from the establishment to high school in the morning: “It taught me to behave extravagantly: I learned about substances and anonymous sex,” he said with a laugh.
- On his favorite tattoo? A Scott Campbell created rendering of a Jean-Michel Frank sofa. Why? “Just that, it’s a couch.”
- On his next possible tattoo? ManBearPig from South Park.
- On being tabloid fodder: “I love attention.”
- Robert Duffy is the longest relationship Marc has ever had: “We’ve never been lovers, we’ve never even kissed on the lips — well, not on purpose.”
- On Tom Ford, now and when he worked with him at Perry Ellis: “Tom is Tom, he’s always been Tom.”
- On the grunge collection he created at Perry Ellis: “It was the most liberating collection I’ve ever done. It was about being “perfectly imperfect” with this “f*ck off thing.”
- On building personal wealth since signing on at Louis Vuitton: “I don’t think I’m very rich, I think I’m comfortable. I have a nice art collection.”
- On getting the top job at Louis Vuitton when other designers like Peter Copping were also working there: “I won, I’m not being a bitch, but I’ve been there for fifteen years — though I don’t know if I’ll be there for fifteen more.”
- On his collaborations with artists at Vuitton: “Contemporary art influences everything.”
- Marc’s favorite artist is Ed Ruscha. When he first began collecting, he “was intimidated, but when I was intimidated I missed out. Don’t judge art, see and experience it.”
- On going to rehab and his current relationship with substances: “I’m not perfect, I’m perfect as I am. I’m mostly sober. I like wine sometimes, some whiskey, a joint, other stuff.”
- On his difficult, health-conscious diet: “I started to like how I looked, that was really fun.”
- Fern Mallis asked, “Do you consider yourself a heartthrob.” Marc Jacobs: “No, Tom Ford’s a heartthrob.”
- On receiving multiple awards: “I don’t believe in awards, I think they’re an opportunity to thank people publicly though — the journey is the important thing.”
- On being up for the top job at Dior: “It was a long discussion. I never dreamed of being a couturier. I was honored and flattered. Dr. Robinson (Marc’s therapist) asked, ‘How will this improve your life.?’ And it wouldn’t. Mr. Arnault and I both decided against it.”
- On the present: “I’m trying to stay in the moment as much as possible.”
- On when he know he had made it: “I don’t think I’ve made it yet.”
In her first magazine shoot since March 2011, Lady Gaga is once again gracing the covers of the ever fabulous Vogue Magazine. Gaga was quoted in her tweet saying, “Who else sees me channeling @RuPaul on the COVER of VOGUE. If only I was as fierce as you b*tch. I did try to come for you with that weave!”
In the article, Gaga discusses the launch of her newest fragrance, “Fame,” and the recent reuse of her infamous meat dress. Discussing her latest tour, Gaga goes on to say, “We were talking about putting the show together, and I said, ‘OK, what if I was someone’s grandma and I was going to a concert tonight. How would I know that it was a Gaga show?’ And we all just sort of looked at each other and said,’The meat dress!’”
The Gaga-fied September issue of Vogue hits newsstands August 21. And while you’re waiting, check out this exclusive behind the scenes look at Gaga’s shoot!
Celebrities Shop For A Cause At Super Saturday 15 — Raising $3.6 Million For Ovarian Cancer Research Fund
Super Saturday is one of my favorite events of the year!
Why, you ask? Because celebrities and socials come together on a big field in the Hamptons to shop for a good cause. It is a fun-filled, family-oriented daylong fundraiser, complete with a one-of-a-kind designer garage sale, kids’ carnival and activities, a luxury raffle and gourmet treats.
Once dubbed “the Rolls Royce of garage sales,” the most anticipated element of Super Saturday is the fashion garage sale, which includes merchandise from over 200 prominent designers including: Donna Karan, Theory, alice + olivia, J Brand, Diane von Furstenberg, HelmutLang, Intermix, Scoop NYC, Splendid, Smythson and Ralph Lauren. For the fifth consecutive year, the “Designers A to Zoe” booth by Rachel Zoe will feature luxury designers such as Stella McCartney, Proenza Schouler, Peter Som, Chloe, J Mendel, Oscar de la Renta, Zac Posen, Marc Jacobs and Marchesa.
Kelly Ripa, Paula Patton, Donna Karan and Ariel Foxman hosted the afternoon with other notable guests including: Matthew Settle, Mark Feuerstein, Lara Spencer, Star Jones, Tiffani Thiessen, Sam Champion, Beth Ostrosky Stern, Josh Elliott, Judith Giuliani,Hilary Rhoda, Alina Cho, Nick Loeb, June Ambrose, George Kotsiopoulos, Jeannie Mai, Isaac Mizrahi, Jonathan Cheban, Kyle Richards, Ingrid Vandebosch, Veronica Webb, Hilary Rhoda, Diem Brown, Chaske Spencer and Jessica Hart among others.
Kyle Richards from Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” was thrilled to get her hands on a Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS for her daughter Portia. She mentioned that the family is headed on a summer vacation to Turkey and Israel in early August and she knew this was the perfect way to keep the family entertained.
Shoppers were treated to an outrageous food buffet and day long open bar, with refreshments from ZICO coconut water and snacks from Popchips.
Despite rainy weather, the 15th annual Super Saturday raised $3.6 million for Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. Amazefest USA! Check out more HOT SHOTS from Super Saturday 15…after the jump!
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 Pink Carpet — VIDEO
- Miley Cyrus: 7 BEST Dressed Red Carpet Moments Of 2013
- Backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 — VIDEO
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Reveal Their Ultimate Beauty Secrets!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight