Did you watch the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards this year??? I’ve got it on my DVR, because I was busy hanging out backstage with presenters, nominees and winners — at the Emergen-C Inner City of Strength in The Presenters Gift Lounge backstage at The Nokia Theatre in Celebration of The 64th Primetime Emmy(R) Awards!
I had the pleasure of welcoming and chatting with stars from television’s biggest shows like Breaking Bad, Modern Family, Mad Men, New Girl, Damages, Homeland, Downton Abbey. Some of my favorite moments were with “30 Rock’s” Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan, “Modern Family” winner Eric Stonestreet, actresses Lucy Liu, Martha Plimpton, and Mayim Bialik (Blossom!!!), the iconic Glen Close & so many more…
I had so many favorite moments but here is Micah Jesse’s Top 5 Favorite Primetime Emmy Awards Moments for 2012:
- Actor, director and all-around intertainment industry legend Ron Howard stopped by the Emergen-C City of Inner Strength, where I was holding court, and told me that Super Orange was his favorite flavor because it reminded him of Tang, the popular drink from the “Happy Days” era. When asked where he’s residing these days, Ron said, “we really live in New York – we have an apartment in Santa Monica but most of our time is spent at our houses in Manhattan and Westchester County.” He went on to explain that he “grew up in Los Angeles and loves it here, but New York is now home.” Home to me, too, Ron!
- Giancarlo Esposito, who was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for “Breaking Bad”, was such a breath of fresh air! I asked the vivacious actor if he drank Emergen-C, he said, “Are you kidding me – I don’t travel without it!” If Giancarlo had a superpower, he told me he would actually have a dual-superpower…he would be able to read minds & fly. Love that!
- Who’s more fun than “30″ rock star Tracy Morgan? Easy answer — no one! The funnyman stopped backstage to kick his feet up and relax before the show was over and entertain us all. Tracy had us fizzing at the seams with hysterics. At one point he picked up the phone and said, “Tell Barack I’ll be right there!” You can actually watch a clip from Access Hollywood!
- Best known for playing Al Bundy on “Married With Children,” actor Ed O’Neill was celebrating an Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series nomination for his role as Jay Pritchett on “Modern Family.” As much as he loves his role as an actor, Ed told me that ultimately, he wants to be best known for being a “super dad.” Awwwwwwww!!!! Mush!
- And last, but certainly not least, having a moment with actor Eric Stonestreet, who won Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his role as Cameron Tucker on “Modern Family.” The actor told me he is “super” at cooking and makes a mean steak. And he laughed off rumors of dating Charlize Theron but said he wasn’t mad about it! I wouldn’t be either!
All Photos: Gabriel Olsen/WireImage
Celebrity guests also walked away with gifts from: Bertolli® Sauces and Frozen Meals, Zerona (Body-Sculpting Treatments), New Balance (Minimus 1010′s), TiVo® (Premiere 4 DVR), New Era Cap Co., Black & Decker (PLATINUM Hand Vacs), CND (Shellac™ Manicures), Kipling, Ultimate Ears by Logitech, Aquaswiss Watches, Jill Reno Collection, Crunch Gym and more.
The celebrations kicked off at the glamorous Beverly Hills Hotel with music by DJ Pauly D, and continued the following day at Markham Middle School, where I joined WWE Superstars Mark Henry and Alberto Del Rio, actor Ryan Ochoa, the CEO of the Creative Coalition Robin Bronk, Mayor Villaraigosa and Congresswoman Sanchez to speak to young students about the Be a STAR message:
“Don’t be a bully, Be a STAR… Show Tolerance And Respect!”
From the Hamptons to Hollywood, where were the starts this past week?
Kayne West and 50 Cent showed up to the first performance of Mike Tyson’s Spike Lee-directed one-man show “Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth” this week. After the show, West and 50 Cent met backstage with Mike and Spike. The show will be running for a limited engagement at the Longacre Theater on Broadway from July 31-August 12.
Katie Holmes was spotted solo on the NYC streets this week! The 33-year-old actress looked cute in a denim jacket making her way back to her Big Apple apartment!
Recently single Kristen Stewart was spotted working out to keep her mind off of things at Gold’s Gym in Venice, California this week!
New York Yankee Alex Rodriquez was seen having lunch at the celebrity eatery 75 Main, while New York Knick Jason Kidd, Barbara Walters, Real Housewives Ramona Singer, Sonja Morgan and Heather Dubrow and actress Tika Sumpter and all dined at separate tables.
KEEP READING FOR MORE STAR SIGHTINGS THIS WEEK….
A very smiley Lea Michele was all about lending a hand to charity this week! The “Glee” darling was front and center as she took to the Hearst Tower to host the Valspar Hands For Habitat Unveiling Ceremony in NYC!
Ashlee Simpson played host for the big Samsung Galaxy S III event this week in the Big Apple! The songstress hung out with Nick Millhiser and Alex Frankel of Holy Ghost as paparazzi snapped away while they enjoyed the New York City launch!
Eva Longoria attended the Lay’s Potato Chips “Do Us a Favor” gig in New York City this week joined by Chef Michael Symon! The “Over Her Dead Body” hottie hosted the even in Times Square looking fab as always in a white dress and heels!
Ashley Tisdale made a very “pink” appearance at Macy’s Herald Square in New York City this week to help support the launch of Puma Project Pink- a very worthy cause dedicated to the fight against breast cancer! The 27-year-old was the host of the evening and an adorable host at that!
Where have you been, Rihanna? The Barbados beauty kicked off the weekend a bit early making her rounds in Capri, Italy! The superstar was joined by a couple of friends before the group dined at the exclusive II San Pietro restaurant.
Mad Men bad boy, Sam Page, was busy doting on his girlfriend of one year at the West Coast Launch of Carrera 6000. It seems that his real life personality does not reflect his character on the show; the onscreen player was busy attending to his blond beauty all night long. As he posed for photos, he always made sure that his girl was right beside him. She’s one lucky lady!
HAVE A CELEBRITY SIGHTING? SEND TO INFO@MICAHJESSE.COM! AND KEEP READING FOR MORE CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS THIS WEEK!
Nicole Richie (pictured above), joined smiley volunteers in celebrating the Bing Summer of Doing, a summer-long campaign aimed at inspiring young people to give back and volunteer in their local community during their free time this summer, by helping Bing and DoSomething.org beautify and restore the CITYarts Mosiac Peace Wall in the heart of Harlem, NY.
Richie was joined by some other notable names looking to “do something” good, including model Karlie Kloss, EXTRA’s Maria Menounos, photographer and TV personality Niguel Barker, and Kat Graham (who performed a special surprise set).
For more information on the campaign and how to give back this summer, visit Bing.com/doing and check out more HOT SHOTS from the event, after the jump!
Stars like Kelly Osbourne, Kate Mara, Shay Mitchell, Erin Andrews, Joan Rivers,Alexandra Chando, Kelly Bensimon and Coco Rocha all attended the Badgley Mischka Fall 2012 Runway Show for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week! The event took place at the Theater at Lincoln Center and what an event it was!
Stacey Bendet, Kristin Chenoweth, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Kevin Jonas, Danielle Jonas, Krysten Ritter, Ahna O’Rielly, Megan Hilty, Kelly Rutherford, Angela Simmons, Kelly Bensimon and Erin Andrews were spotted at the Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet presentation with music by Mia Moretti and Caitlin Moe. It was held at Center 548 in the Big Apple and was a big deal!
The Empire Hotel has been home to fashionista Whitney Port while last minute prepping for her Whitney Eve show tomorrow. She was spotted in the hotel lobby and seemed extremely friendly as she stopped to take photos with fans!
Kris Humphries showed up to Stone Rose Lounge for the tail end of the Betsey Johnson Fall 2012 After-Party last night. He arrived with four guy friends, still wearing his coat and scarf inside the Time Warner Center. Betsey Johnson took the mic and gave a shout out to guests Kris and Richie Rich before making fun of herself for the “less than great cartwheel,” she attempted on stage at her show.
EXTRA’s beautiful Maria Menounos stopped by lia Sophia this week as did many other famous faces including Adrienne Bailon, Carrie Keagan, Brad Goreski, Miss J Alexander, Jenna Bush and Louise Roe. With MBFW bringing out the most fashionable stars, Lia Sophia seemed to be a stop on everyone’s list!
Bar Refaeli and Stacy Keibler (girlfriend of actor George Clooney) were both spotted at the Marchesa Fall 2012 Fashion Show checking out some hot new styles. The two sat next to one another which, may have drawn more attention then the presentation!
KEEP READING FOR MORE STAR SIGHTINGS THIS WEEK…
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
- VIDEO: Bruno Mars Headlines Samsung Launch Event In New York City
- Isaac Mizrahi Hosts Annual Spring Party 2013
- Ben Affleck Will “Live Below the Line” on $1.50 a Day
- VIDEO: Watch Footage From “The Mrs. Carter Show” World Tour Starring Beyonce!
- INTERVIEW: Ciara Talks Boyfriend Future, “Body Party” Music Video, New Album & More!
- Hottie Highlight: Is David Castro the next Channing Tatum?
- “Define Me” Music Video Premiere by Ryan Amador — Watch It Now!
- Help “Gossip Girl” Star Kelly Rutherford Get Her Kids Back!
- Beyonce, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana & More “Chime For Change” — VIDEO
- In GIFs — Rebel Wilson Hosts 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Hanson LIVE Interview on Music Choice U&A –Watch It Now!
- Kelly Rowland & Rita Ora Headline Elle Magazine’s Women in Music Concert — HOT SHOTS!
- “No Questions Off Limits”at Andy Cohen Atlantic City Book Signing
- Marla Joy Debuts Music Video For First Single “Tragedy” — Watch It Now!