Did you watch the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards this year??? I’ve got it on my DVR, because I was busy hanging out backstage with presenters, nominees and winners — at the Emergen-C Inner City of Strength in The Presenters Gift Lounge backstage at The Nokia Theatre in Celebration of The 64th Primetime Emmy(R) Awards!
I had the pleasure of welcoming and chatting with stars from television’s biggest shows like Breaking Bad, Modern Family, Mad Men, New Girl, Damages, Homeland, Downton Abbey. Some of my favorite moments were with “30 Rock’s” Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan, “Modern Family” winner Eric Stonestreet, actresses Lucy Liu, Martha Plimpton, and Mayim Bialik (Blossom!!!), the iconic Glen Close & so many more…
I had so many favorite moments but here is Micah Jesse’s Top 5 Favorite Primetime Emmy Awards Moments for 2012:
- Actor, director and all-around intertainment industry legend Ron Howard stopped by the Emergen-C City of Inner Strength, where I was holding court, and told me that Super Orange was his favorite flavor because it reminded him of Tang, the popular drink from the “Happy Days” era. When asked where he’s residing these days, Ron said, “we really live in New York – we have an apartment in Santa Monica but most of our time is spent at our houses in Manhattan and Westchester County.” He went on to explain that he “grew up in Los Angeles and loves it here, but New York is now home.” Home to me, too, Ron!
- Giancarlo Esposito, who was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for “Breaking Bad”, was such a breath of fresh air! I asked the vivacious actor if he drank Emergen-C, he said, “Are you kidding me – I don’t travel without it!” If Giancarlo had a superpower, he told me he would actually have a dual-superpower…he would be able to read minds & fly. Love that!
- Who’s more fun than “30″ rock star Tracy Morgan? Easy answer — no one! The funnyman stopped backstage to kick his feet up and relax before the show was over and entertain us all. Tracy had us fizzing at the seams with hysterics. At one point he picked up the phone and said, “Tell Barack I’ll be right there!” You can actually watch a clip from Access Hollywood!
- Best known for playing Al Bundy on “Married With Children,” actor Ed O’Neill was celebrating an Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series nomination for his role as Jay Pritchett on “Modern Family.” As much as he loves his role as an actor, Ed told me that ultimately, he wants to be best known for being a “super dad.” Awwwwwwww!!!! Mush!
- And last, but certainly not least, having a moment with actor Eric Stonestreet, who won Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his role as Cameron Tucker on “Modern Family.” The actor told me he is “super” at cooking and makes a mean steak. And he laughed off rumors of dating Charlize Theron but said he wasn’t mad about it! I wouldn’t be either!
All Photos: Gabriel Olsen/WireImage
Celebrity guests also walked away with gifts from: Bertolli® Sauces and Frozen Meals, Zerona (Body-Sculpting Treatments), New Balance (Minimus 1010′s), TiVo® (Premiere 4 DVR), New Era Cap Co., Black & Decker (PLATINUM Hand Vacs), CND (Shellac™ Manicures), Kipling, Ultimate Ears by Logitech, Aquaswiss Watches, Jill Reno Collection, Crunch Gym and more.
ABC will officially announce the all-star cast of the new “Dancing With The Stars” season later today! This season, the cast will only include finalists and winners. Also, the producers have added a little twist and some fun for fans of the show. ABC is now letting viewers select one of the final contestants!
Viewers will be able to vote for their favorite out of three former contestants to select who will be the final celebrity on the show. The host of “Dancing With The Stars“, Tom Bergson, confirmed this when he tweeted: “Looking forward to Friday’s DWTS All-Star Cast announcement. We’ll be announcing all but one, then YOU have to get to work! #DWTS.”
We lost a legend today.
Dick Clark, best known for his work hosting “American Bandstand” and “New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” died this morning at age 82. Back in 2004, Clark suffered a stroke, but still continued to appear on his New Year’s Eve special. Clark’s publicist told E! Online that a massive heart attack was the cause of death.
Celebrities tweeted their condolences:
Extra host and TV personality Mario Lopez tweeted about how amazing it was to have worked with Clark in the past: ”Just heard the news of Dick Clark… It was truly an honor to have worked with him, learn from him and to be able to call him a friend. He was a great man and an even better friend. The word legend is thrown around a lot, but it’s never more appropriate than when used in describing Mr. Clark. He was a real inspiration & influence in my life. I will dearly miss my friend… Rest well DC.”
R.I.P. Dick Clark, New Year’s Eve won’t be the same without you!
Katy Perry co-hosted the GiveLove charity event with J. Molinari Jewelry designers Markus Molinari and Jason Arasheben during the Grand Opening weekend of 1 OAK Las Vegas at The Mirage. Katy presented a check for $50,000 to the charity’s co-founders, Patricia Arquette and Rosetta Getty, as well as board-member David Arquette. The group enjoyed performances by DJ/violin duo Mia Moretti and Caitlin Moe and Jordanian-American pop singer Ferras.
Several familiar faces were spotted at The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center’s Honoring of Rachel Zoe this week! Anne Hathaway, Kelly Osbourne, and Mandy Moore were amongst some of the stars at the Sunset Tower in West Hollywood!
Blake Lively was spotted at the Jason Wu for Target launch party in New York City actress was all smiles with fellow star Chloe Moretz at the swanky Skylight SoHo venue. Fun in NYC!
Nicole Kidman drew a swarm of shutterbugs while dining out in Los Angeles. The star looked beautiful as she excited Joan’s On Third café following a relaxing lunch with a few of her closest gal pals!
Jessica Alba was busy with another interview at The Grove in Los Angeles. Looking beautiful as ever, Alba joined Mario Lopez for “Extra” during which time she was surprised with a gift bag full of baby items for her 5-month-old daughter Haven!
Justin Bieber was on hand at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles, paying tribute to the late king of pop! After being introduced by Paris Jackson, Biebs took the stage to give homage to Michael Jackson with a few special words and a few high notes!
FOR MORE CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS “FROM THE HAMPTONS TO HOLLYWOOD” KEEP READING…
Ruh-roh! Sorry, we’re a day late! From the Hamptons to Hollywood – here’s were your favorite stars were *last* week!
George Clooney arrived hand-in-hand with rumored girlfriend Stacy Keibler to the 49th Annual New York Film Festival & Fox Searchlight Pictures screening of “The Descendants” in NYC, both baring big smiles on their faces.
Heidi Klum was joined by husband Seal as the pair took their little one to Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in Los Angeles. The couple were all smiles as they strolled around the grounds in search of the perfect pumpkin!
Kendra Wilkinson enjoyed a boat cruise around Australia’s Sydney Harbor with her mom this week. The 26-year-old used her time on the water to get a front row look at the areas most coveted landmarks!
Lauren Conrad paid a visit to a local salon in West Hollywood, CA this week. The former “Hills” hottie looked stylish in a white sleeveless top with a black and blue floor-length skirt as she excited the place of beauty following a refreshing mani-pedi treatment.
Kim Kardashian stepped out for the grand opening of Millions Of Milkshakes at the Dubai Mall this week. Tweeting about the evening plans- which were the main reason for the overseas adventure- Kim wrote to her millions of followers, “About to head out to the Dubai Mall, who is there?”
Nicole Richie was front and center at The Waldorf Astoria in New York City on Thursday night. Dressed in a cute black frock, the former “Simple Life” star joined fellow guests including president and CEO of FFANY Joseph Moore and Global president of GVC Mike George with partaking in the 18th Annual QVC ‘FFANY Shoes On Sale’ soiree.
Preggers’ Hillary Duff made her way to The Grove in Los Angeles, CA this week! The starlet took the west coast shopping center to partake in an interview session with Mario Lopez for the entertainment news program “Extra”.
Making their way through the Big Apple, Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz were spotted hand-in-hand in NYC this week. The on-and-off screen couple looked every bit in love as the tended to their dialy duties, breezing by the paparazzi!
Stepping out for a lovely evening, Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones attended SBIFF’s 2011 Kirk Douglas Award for Excellence in Film. The “Wall Street” star was actually the guest of honor at the Bitmore Four Seasons shindig!
Audrina Patridge attended the premeire of THQ’s “Saints Row: The Third” in Los Angeles. Showing off her physique, the former “Hills” hottie turned heads on the events purple carper, wearing a body-hugging one-shoulder black dress and leather boots!
Eva Longoria was spotted leaving a local gas station after loading up on a few boxes of Excedrin headache medicine in Los Angeles. Perhaps Eva had a little too much fun earlier in the week! The “Desperate Housewives” star looked cute in an all black ensemble and flats as she casually walked out of the Chevron with the meds and a cup of coffee!
Kourtney Kardashian was spotted out with her boy Mason in NYC this week! The E! reality television starlet carried her little guy as they left the Moomah Café, looking stylish in a black jacket, white top, and black trousers with knee-high boots!
Lady Gaga didn’t disappoint as she exited her NYC hotel to a crowed of awaiting paparazzi! Making her way back to Harlem to continue work on her “Marry the Night” music video, the Mother Monster was wearing a black hat with a complete lace face cover with a large black trench and platform pumps!
Looking to have enjoyed her lunch date, Jennifer Garner was all smiles for the cameras while out and about in sunny Brentwood, California. Having just left from grabbing a dish at Tavern Restaurant, the expectant mama showed off her classy style, wearing a black sweater, leather shoulder bag a-line skirt and a pair of pumps.
Ashlee Simpson and Vincent Piazza were spotted out to lunch in LA this week! The new couple walked arm-in-arm while paparazzi swarmed nearby. The two seemed to be enjoying each others company as the two were all smiles exiting.
Kelly Clarkson was spotted arriving at her hotel in NYC this week! The “I Do Not Hook Up” songstress smiled for the cameras as she strolled inside, sporting a makeup-free complexion and ponytail.
Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr were spotted at Heathrow International Airport in London, England this week. The cute pair carried their son Flynn while waiting to aboard!
The kind-hearted, Angelina Jolie was busy this week paying a visit to Misrata, Libya. The U.N. Goodwill Ambassador was photographed meeting patients at a local hospital while in the country to help agencies bringing aids to Libyans in Tripoli and Misrata.
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and boyfriend Jionni Lavalle hit up STK in New York City early this week to celebrate one year of being together! Sticking close by each other’s side, the “Jersey Shore” starlet looked great in a red satin dress and black strappy heel’s as the two lovebirds headed out for her Big Apple evening.
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 Pink Carpet — VIDEO
- Miley Cyrus: 7 BEST Dressed Red Carpet Moments Of 2013
- Backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 — VIDEO
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Reveal Their Ultimate Beauty Secrets!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight