Beyonce Knowles, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston, Michelle Williams, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz, Ellen DeGeneres, Julianne Moore, Chris Rock, Jamie Foxx, Olivia Munn, Selena Gomez, Paul Rudd, Jon Hamm, Jennifer Westfeldt, Will Ferrell, Sarah Silverman, Amy Poehler, Adam Scott, Rashida Jones, John Slattery, Jeremy Renner, Conan O’Brien, and others join together in the fight against gun control, in a new PSA for DemandaPlan.org.
The campaign, started by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, comes a week after the horrific massacre in Newtown and amid the polarizing debate rippling through the U.S. about gun violence and the Second Amendment.
Looking into the camera, they read through a list of some of the 31 similar attacks carried out in the US since Columbine in 1999.
‘Virginia Tech. Tucson. Aurora. Fort Hood. Oak Creek. Newtown. How many more?’ they ask. Watch the moving PSA here:
It was a spectacular night, with actors, producers, directors, and more from the Great White Way, mixing and mingling with some of Hollywood’s biggest Heavyweights, like Neil Patrick Harris (who hosted the evening), Hugh Jackman, Cynthia Nixon, Christopher Plummer, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and many many more!
MJ got to chat with some big names like Jessica Chastain, Nick Jonas (“How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying”), Josh Groban, Laura Bell Bundy, Constantine Maroulis, Josh Young (“Jesus Christ Superstar”), Nikki M. James (“The Book of Mormon”), Amanda Seyfried and more, who all couldn’t help but gush about how much they love this special night.
Take a look at MJ’s magical night on the red carpet at the 66th Annual TONY Awards:
It’s like a class picture… gone Hollywood!
The talented bunch above were all nominees at last night’s annual COSMOPOLITAN Magazine Fun Fearless Awards at NYC’s Mandarin Oriental Hotel. The event, hosted by E! News hosts Catt Sadler (in a Sachin+Babi dress) and Jason Kennedy (in Ted Baker), brought out honorees: Dakota Fanning (in Miu Miu), Freida Pinto (in a YSL Edition Soir dress and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry), Jonah Hill (in Ermenegildo Zegna), Paul Rudd, “Bridesmades” actress Rose Byrne (in a Chanel dress and Brian Atwood shoes), “Pretty Little Liars” actress Lucy Hale (in All Saints), Liam Hemsworth (in Zegna), The Voice’s Blake Shelton (accompanied by wife Miranda Lambert), Jesse Williams, and Minnesota Vikings runningback Adrian Peterson.
On the red carpet, stars couldn’t help but gush about being honored….
“I knew it was a huge deal but…I can’t believe I am being included in all of this,” actress Lucy Hale told MJ about being honored at the annual awards show. “I don’t think I have ever thought of myself of fun and fearless, so I asked my brother, and he said, ‘Liam, you remind me more of an awkward dinosaur than someone who is fun and fearless,’” Liam Hemsworth told MJ jokingly. “I was so excited…I was thrilled!” actress Rose Byrne gushed.
“I am definitely more fun than fearless…but stepping onto this carpet is fearless…I can’t believe my life right now,” Lucy Hale said excitedly.
“Damages” star Rose Byrne admitted the most fearless thing she has done recently was “telling a joke at the Academy Awards. She added, “but I was with Melissa McCarthy so I was very in safe company. She is so kind, nice, cool, talented and hilarious.” But for Dakota Fanning it was starting college.
What’s the most FEARLESS thing you’ve done recently? PHOTO GALLERY FROM THE COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE FUN FEARLESS AWARDS 2012…AFTER THE JUMP!
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight
- ‘DWTS’ Cast Celebrates Val Chmerkovskiy ‘Valentin’ Clothing Launch in Los Angeles — HOT SHOTS!
- Spotlight On: Jolie’s Sweet Creations — Meet The Cronut’s Competition!
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie At Mega Concert in NYC’s Bryant Park — VIDEO
- Ryan Lochte: My Goggles Go Off To Diana Nyad! — EXCLUSIVE Interview