For the sixth year in a row, Doritos is crowdsourcing its two Super Bowl ads. Five finalists have been selected but MJ is rooting for the Doritos goat (whose name, oddly enough is Moose)!
Finalist Ben Callner (who also happens to hail from the ATL) said that his goat-owning friend (and eventual ad co-writer) Steve Colby inspired the spot. “So my buddy came in, and he literally just kind of off-handed said, ‘Hey, my goat eating and crunching on food is really funny,’” he said in a making of video. “And that was it. ‘OK, that was a really random sentence, thank you.’ And so we Googled ‘goats eating chips,’ and we cracked up.” Watch the hilarious ad now:
“They’re so sweet,” Colby told Fox Atlanta. ”I really got goats because I thought that they wouldn’t be affectionate, I just kind of wanted some animals. But they want to be right next to you … they’re wonderful.”
“Goats 4 Sale” is up against 4 other consumer created ads: two starring dogs, one starring men in dresses, and another that has a blind man hitting another fellow in the groin. Doritos execs will select one winner and the other will be selected by online votes. Thus far, “Goats 4 Sale” has the most views on the Doritos Crash the Superbowl site (currently 460,000).
Check out the very first commercial for Madonna‘s Super Bowl XLVI Halftime performance!
We can’t wait!
It is going to be epic! Watch the commercial now:
Are you following @MicahJesse on Twitter? Whatcha waitin’ for?
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
- VIDEO: Bruno Mars Headlines Samsung Launch Event In New York City
- Isaac Mizrahi Hosts Annual Spring Party 2013
- Ben Affleck Will “Live Below the Line” on $1.50 a Day
- VIDEO: Watch Footage From “The Mrs. Carter Show” World Tour Starring Beyonce!
- INTERVIEW: Ciara Talks Boyfriend Future, “Body Party” Music Video, New Album & More!
- Hottie Highlight: Is David Castro the next Channing Tatum?
- “Define Me” Music Video Premiere by Ryan Amador — Watch It Now!
- Help “Gossip Girl” Star Kelly Rutherford Get Her Kids Back!
- Beyonce, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana & More “Chime For Change” — VIDEO
- In GIFs — Rebel Wilson Hosts 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Hanson LIVE Interview on Music Choice U&A –Watch It Now!
- Kelly Rowland & Rita Ora Headline Elle Magazine’s Women in Music Concert — HOT SHOTS!
- “No Questions Off Limits”at Andy Cohen Atlantic City Book Signing
- Marla Joy Debuts Music Video For First Single “Tragedy” — Watch It Now!