Don’t take the Oscars so seriously!
I mean, nominees Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, Naomi Watts, Christopher Waltz and more sit down with funnyman Zach Galifianakis for another episode of Between Two Ferns… Oscar edition!
Part two will be posted on FunnyOrDie.com soon!
In case you didn’t know, there were not one — but two big award shows this weekend in La La Land!
On Saturday, the 2012 Film Independent Spirit Awards (considered by some to be a prelude to The Academy Awards) took place on the beach in Santa Monica. “The Artist” scooped Best Picture while Michelle Williams took home best actress for her role as Marilyn Monroe in “My Week With Marilyn.”
“I wore my own clothes back then, which were not very good, and I cut my own hair, which also was not very good,” Williams said in her best actress acceptance speech. “I still remember the feeling that in this room, unlike others, that that was OK. Possibly even preferred. And what I thought then and I still feel now is that it’s because this room was a room full of misfits, outcasts, loners, dreamers, mumblers, delinquents, dropouts. Just like me.”
Umm, how much do you love her?
There was plenty of positive energy in the air at Saturday’s Spirit Awards. In between awards, celebrities roamed around the tents, stopping by the Piaget and Jameson lounges to relax and unwind and then got gifted at the Official Presenter Gift Lounge.
Shailene Woodley (“The Descendents”), William H. Macy (“Shameless”), Anna Kendrick (“Up In The Air”), Anthony Mackie (“The Hurt Locker”) and the handsome Matt Bomer (USA Network’s “White Collar”) were just some of the stars who stopped by the gift lounge, taking home super sweet swag from Wella Professionals, Tree Hut, New Balance, Emergen-C, AMC Theatres, Cult of Individuality, The Ritz-Carlton New York, & Crunch Gym.
Photo Gallery of the red carpet and more… after the jump!
With the Academy Awards coming up this Sunday (Feb 26), we’ve got movies on our mind!
Thanks to Netflix – we’re catching up on some of our most favorite Oscar-nominated films — like Tyler Perry‘s “Precious,” starring Gabourey Sidibe and Mo’Nique, and Ang Lee‘s “Brokeback Mountain,” starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Anne Hathaway, Michelle Williams, and the late Heath Ledger.
But don’t forget the “oldies but goodies” that are now streaming on Netflix, like “An Affair to Remember,” “Good Will Hunting,” “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” “Annie,” and more. These films will be sure to get you excited for the glitz and glamour of Movie’s Biggest Night.
And if you’re as big of a fan of Meryl Streep as MJ is — you can have a “Meryl Marathon!” Despite being one of the most critically acclaimed actors today, it has been 29 years since her last Oscar win — believe it or not! Her current nod for “The Iron Lady” (for which she won a Golden Globe for Best Actress) may change that — and makes her the most nominated actress to date with 17 total nominations. Wowza! Don’t forget to refresh your “Meryl Memory” by watching “Kramer vs Kramer” (also streaming on Netflix) for which she won her first Oscar.
And with that, MJ has got enough in his “Instant Queue” to keep him busy until Oscar Sunday! What do you have on your “must watch” movie list?
Are you following @MicahJesse on Twitter?
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 Pink Carpet — VIDEO
- Miley Cyrus: 7 BEST Dressed Red Carpet Moments Of 2013
- Backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 — VIDEO
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Reveal Their Ultimate Beauty Secrets!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight