Who better to ride with to Kim Kardashian‘s Halloween party than the DJ?
Jakissa Taylor-Semple, now known to a very stylish set as DJ Kiss, was recently named one of Us Weekly’s “25 Most Stylish New Yorkers,” she’s provided the tunes at parties for everyone from Madonna to Naomi Campbell and her A-list fashion clients include Chanel, Prada, Alexander Wang, Tiffany & Co., Salvatore Ferragamo, and many more.
So, she’s kind of a big deal.
On Saturday night (Oct 27), AXSLive picked up the spinmaster of the night, DJ Kiss, for a ride-a-long — to find out how she got started DJing, celebrity parties vs. fashion parties, her DJ hubby DJ MOS, what’s HOT on her playlist…and much much more!
Last night country singers all over came together in Nashville, Tennessee for the 2012 CMT Music Awards. Superstar Carrie Underwood was the only singer to take home more than one belt buckle! She received the award for Video Of The Year for “Good Girl” and for Collaborative Video Of the Year with Brad Paisley for “Remind Me”.
The country star looked stunning in a La Femme mini-dress. She paired the dress with gorgeous Tiffany & Co. Jazz Graduated Drop Earrings and single row diamond bangles in 18k white gold.
Another notable moment from the show was a surprise appearance from President Barak Obama in the opening video and Zac Brown Band‘s performance of their new single “The Wind”. Some other winners include Luke Bryan for Male Video of the Year for “I Don’t Want This Night To End,” Miranda Lambert for Female Video of the Year for “Over You” and Lady Antebellum for Group Video of the year for “We Owned The Night.”
Congrats to Carrie and the other winners!
Award shows are a great place to check out (and critique) celebrity fashion — and of course there are people who do it right and who do it wrong — but we’re picking out Top 5 FAVORITES from the 2012 Screen Actor’s Guild Awards red carpet! Here we go…
Daring actress Rose Byrne (“Bridesmades”) slipped into a sparkly white jumpsuit from Elie Saab’s Fall 2009 couture collection. The onesie featured little cap sleeves, a plunging neckline and wide-legged pants. She paired the jumpsuit with a sleek bob, which hairdresser Harry Josh described as ”’70s inspired Michelle Pfeiffer from Scarface meets Anna Wintour’s bob.” A-ma-zing!
“Best Actress” winner Viola Davis (“The Help”) literally shined on the red carpet in a white strapless silk chiffon Marchesa gown with a gold beaded bodice, paired with Jimmy Choo shoes. The night was handed to her! Well deserved! (Watch Giuliana Rancic interview Viola Davis on the red carpet!)
E! News host Giuliana Rancic looked “ravishing in red” on the carpet in an embellished Basil Soda floor-length gown, before she took her position on the red carpet.
Nominee Emma Stone (The Help) wore with a custom Alexander McQueen dress, pairing it with Tiffany & Co. Luce Diamond Earrings by Paloma Picasso and finished off the look with four incredible Jean Schlumberger rings on her right hand.
Vivacious and voluptuous “Modern Family” actress Sofia Vergara dazzled in a fuchsia fishtail dress from Marchesa and paired it with Lorraine Schwartz jewels. (Watch Giuliana Rancic interview Sofia Vergara on the red carpet!)
Who were your BEST DRESSED from last night’s SAG Awards? Leave comments!
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight
- ‘DWTS’ Cast Celebrates Val Chmerkovskiy ‘Valentin’ Clothing Launch in Los Angeles — HOT SHOTS!
- Spotlight On: Jolie’s Sweet Creations — Meet The Cronut’s Competition!
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie At Mega Concert in NYC’s Bryant Park — VIDEO
- Ryan Lochte: My Goggles Go Off To Diana Nyad! — EXCLUSIVE Interview