January 15, 2013
Marc Jacobs Talks Drugs, Sex & Rock & Roll at 92Y Talk with Fern Mallis
Designer Marc Jacobs was on hand at New York City’s 92Y to chat with fashion frontronner Fern Mallis about everything from his history with drugs to the future of his burgeoning brand. Audience members listened intently as Fern grilled him about tough topics and cheered him on before the reception presented by MARTINI. Here are some key sound bites from the interview:
- Marc Jacobs on childhood: “I didn’t have the most delightful childhood.” Fern Mallis: “Well, you’re having one now.”
- Marc Jacobs on Studio 54 and taking his books there so he could go straight from the establishment to high school in the morning: “It taught me to behave extravagantly: I learned about substances and anonymous sex,” he said with a laugh.
- On his favorite tattoo? A Scott Campbell created rendering of a Jean-Michel Frank sofa. Why? “Just that, it’s a couch.”
- On his next possible tattoo? ManBearPig from South Park.
- On being tabloid fodder: “I love attention.”
- Robert Duffy is the longest relationship Marc has ever had: “We’ve never been lovers, we’ve never even kissed on the lips — well, not on purpose.”
- On Tom Ford, now and when he worked with him at Perry Ellis: “Tom is Tom, he’s always been Tom.”
- On the grunge collection he created at Perry Ellis: “It was the most liberating collection I’ve ever done. It was about being “perfectly imperfect” with this “f*ck off thing.”
- On building personal wealth since signing on at Louis Vuitton: “I don’t think I’m very rich, I think I’m comfortable. I have a nice art collection.”
- On getting the top job at Louis Vuitton when other designers like Peter Copping were also working there: “I won, I’m not being a bitch, but I’ve been there for fifteen years — though I don’t know if I’ll be there for fifteen more.”
- On his collaborations with artists at Vuitton: “Contemporary art influences everything.”
- Marc’s favorite artist is Ed Ruscha. When he first began collecting, he “was intimidated, but when I was intimidated I missed out. Don’t judge art, see and experience it.”
- On going to rehab and his current relationship with substances: “I’m not perfect, I’m perfect as I am. I’m mostly sober. I like wine sometimes, some whiskey, a joint, other stuff.”
- On his difficult, health-conscious diet: “I started to like how I looked, that was really fun.”
- Fern Mallis asked, “Do you consider yourself a heartthrob.” Marc Jacobs: “No, Tom Ford’s a heartthrob.”
- On receiving multiple awards: “I don’t believe in awards, I think they’re an opportunity to thank people publicly though — the journey is the important thing.”
- On being up for the top job at Dior: “It was a long discussion. I never dreamed of being a couturier. I was honored and flattered. Dr. Robinson (Marc’s therapist) asked, ‘How will this improve your life.?’ And it wouldn’t. Mr. Arnault and I both decided against it.”
- On the present: “I’m trying to stay in the moment as much as possible.”
- On when he know he had made it: “I don’t think I’ve made it yet.”
August 9, 2012
SCORCHING HOT SHOTS! Supermodel Miranda Kerr BARES ALL In New Harper’s Bazaar Spread!
Could there be anyone more gorgeous in the World than Miranda Kerr? …don’t think so!
Check out the behind-the-scenes video from Miranda Kerr‘s photo shoot below and more HOT SHOTS, after the jump!Read More
July 16, 2012
Madonna Premieres “Turn Up The Radio” Music Video — Watch It Now!
Madonna is back with a HOT new music video!
With a Tom Ford-esque driver toting her around Florence, Italy, the cleavage-bearing “Give Me All Your Luv’n” singer picks up some pals for a backseat dance party in her newest music video for “Turn Up The Radio,” from her new album MDNA.
Watch the video below and let MJ know what you think. Is the video HOT or NOT?Read More
May 8, 2012
2012 MET Gala: Top 5 Best Dressed Guys — Micah Jesse’s Peach Picks!
It may be the Oscars of the fashion world, but the ladies aren’t the only ones who had some fashion fun at the Met Gala this year.
Take a look at MJ’s top 5 best dressed guys at the gala!
1. Justin Timberlake arrived arm-in-arm with his date, fiance Jessica Biel, wearing a black Tom Ford tuxedo with a satin shawl lapel, satin bowtie, and leather “Chelsea” boots. Jesssica was all-decked out in Prada, from her dress to her bag and shoes, with Lorraine Schwartz earrings.
2. Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen looked sleek and elegant on the red carpet. Tom debuted a new ‘do — dubbed the “POMPA-HAWK (half pompadour, half mohawk)” by TMZ – while Gisele pulled an “Angelina Jolie” in her black Givenchy gown with a thigh-high slit. She paired her sparkily dress with David Yurman jewelry.
3. The Jonas Brothers looked downright dangerous in Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers.
Who do you think rocked the best tux?Read More
March 7, 2012
Brett Ratner To Judge Pro-Gay PSA Competition!
After slipping out the word “fags” during a Q&A session before his film Tower Heist, Brett Ratner was under a lot of scrutiny…
However, realizing his mistake, Ratner is now ready to put a stop to antigay speech by judging a pro-gay PSA contest.
The filmmaker has teamed up with designer Tom Ford, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network, and the Ad Council to create a PSA campaign called “Think Before You Speak.”
The goal is to raise awareness of how damaging the use of terms like “faggot” and “that’s so gay” can be. The campaign asks aspiring filmmakers to submit 30-second PSA videos on the subject, which will be accepted until May 2. The videos will then be judged and the winner will be honored at the GLSEN Respect Awards in Los Angeles.
You can find out how to enter at Talenthouse!Read More