It may feel like the end of Summer in most places in the country, but in sunny Los Angeles, things are still H-O-T! And this past weekend was no exception — especially having the former President of the US-of-A, Bill Clinton, in town!
Bill had a heck of a lot to celebrate: not only was it the 10th Anniversary of The Clinton Foundation, but, it was also his 65th birthday party!! (Cue, “Happy Birthday, Mister President…”)
The festivities went all weekend long but the “peak-of-the-week…end” was the Clinton Foundation “Decade of Difference” concert at the Hollywood Bowl. With outrageous performances by Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, U2′s Bono, Usher, K’Naan, and Kenny Chesney, and appearances by Ashton Kutcher, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia DiRossi, Barbra Streisand, Jane Fonda, Jason Segel, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, and so many more, this was a fitting celebration for one of the most celebrated Presidents of our generation!
Millions of people, who were not in attendance, were able to watch the concert, live, streaming exclusively on Yahoo! (Ah, the future!)
Throughout the weekend, MJ was “on the scene” getting all the scoop, from scorching “hot” moments like Lady Gaga changing her hit song “Bad Romance” to “Bill Romance” — to super “cool” moments like Jane Fonda and Bonnie Rait posing for a pic together while indulging in premium Magnum Ice Cream bars, well into the night at the official after party.
Lady Gaga, U2′s Bono and the Edge, Usher, and just-announced Kenny Chesney, K’naan and Columbian superstar Juanes, are the first crop of artists slated to help ring in the 10th anniversary of former President Clinton‘s foundation with a concert.
(Pssssst! It also happens to be Bill’s 65th Birthday! Can you say “Happy Birthday, Mister President?” Hope Gaga does the honors!)
“A Decade of Difference: A Concert Celebrating 10 Years of the William J. Clinton Foundation” will take place next Saturday night, Oct. 15, at the Hollywood Bowl. If you can’t make it, lucky for you — you can catch a live-feed of the show on Yahoo!
The event is said to be gathering “the most influential and socially responsible artists in music, film, and television.”
“In the past decade, commitments to my Clinton Global Initiative have improved the lives of more than 300 million people around the world,” Clinton said in a statement. “We’ve lowered the cost of AIDS and HIV treatment, combated climate change, strengthened economies, increased access to education and healthcare, provided financing and mentoring for small businesses. This celebration marks ten years of these efforts and demonstrates how much we can do to make a difference in the years ahead.”
Micah Jesse will be in the house (backstage, on the red carpet & inside the show) live-Tweeting all the star-studded action, so be sure to follow along in real time on Twitter @MicahJesse!
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 Pink Carpet — VIDEO
- Miley Cyrus: 7 BEST Dressed Red Carpet Moments Of 2013
- Backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2013 — VIDEO
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Reveal Their Ultimate Beauty Secrets!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight