To know Clive Davis is to love him. And most of America’s top selling artists have worked very closely with him, including the late Whitney Houston, Jennifer Hudson, Britney Spears, Tony Bennett, Alicia Keys, Usher and many more!
The legendary music man was celebrated this week at an event at L.A. hot spot The Redbury, where Billboard revealed their 2013 Power 100 List at an exclusive event, presented by Citi®, with leading music industry professionals.
The evening culminated with Clive Davis being honored with the Billboard Musical Visionary Award for his A&R work. The award will be renamed to Billboard’s Clive Davis Musical Visionary Award for future recipients.
This weekend, at the annual GRAMMY Awards, Clive will hold his annual party and will honor the life of Whitney Houston. After the jump, the Power 100 list and video of Clive and R&B artist Miguel talking about about Whitney.
Whitney‘s final recording of “His Eye Is On The Sparrow” is too beautiful for words and makes us miss her even more!
Keep sparkling the star you are, Whitney! You will never be forgotten!
Our little Jessica Sanchez isn’t so little anymore!
The 16-year-old “American Idol” runner up appeared on “Live! With Kelly” this morning for an interview and performance of Whitney Houston‘s “I Will Always Love You.”
Watch her interview + performance now!
Beyonce is getting “Back To Business!”
And suitingly, that’s exactly what she called her 4-night Memorial Day Weekend stint in Atlantic City’s newest hotel, Revel, where the iconic singer performed for a sold-out audience! Fans and friends of “Queen B” alike, gathered together at Ovation Hall, to welcome her back. (Even First Lady Michelle Obama attended with Sasha and Malia!)
As you’d expect, she had a few outfit changes and sang many of her famous songs like “Love On Top,” “1+1″ and “Halo,” but she surprised the audience with a cover of Lauryn Hill‘s “X-Factor” and a chilling tribute to the late Whitney Houston, singing her powerful ballad “I Will Always Love You.”
Over at The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, there was some competitive entertainment! On Friday night, Pitbull took the stage for an electric concert at the Event Center, followed by a DJ set from Alesso. Saturday night had Paris Hilton‘s boyfriend DJ Afrojack at MIXX nightclub and “Project X” star DJ Jesse Marco holding down the fort at mur.mur.
Over at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, “The Voice” star Christina Milian hung out by the pool during the day and performed some of her hit songs like “Dip It Low” and and “AM to PM” later that night in a tight orange mini-dress. On Sunday night, Kim Kardashian (wearing all black!) made an appearance at The Pool After Dark, bringing along longtime BFF Brittny Gastineau. The girls drank Midori cocktails and hung out in a private VIP section.
For all the Gleek’s out there, here’s a look at tonight’s Whitney Houston tribute on “Glee.”
Fox took the unusual step of pre-releasing all the songs in the Whitney tribute episode. The members of New Directions will be rocking out to some of Whitney’s biggest hits:
2. “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me),” sung by Brittany (Heather Morris) and Santana
3. “Saving All My Love for You,” sung by Quinn (Dianna Agron) and Joe (Samuel Larsen)
4. “So Emotional,” sung by Rachel and Santana
5. “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay,” sung by Blaine (Darren Criss)
6. “I Have Nothing,” sung by Kurt
7. “My Love Is Your Love,” sung by the New Directions
The iconic “I Will Always Love You” will not be featured in the episode because it was already sung during “Glee’s” Valentine’s Day episode.
You can see all of the Whitney covers on “Glee” tonight at 8pm on Fox.
If you haven’t been watching “American Idol” this season, you’re missing out!
MJ agrees wholeheartedly!
On Wednesday night’s performance episode, the contestants were coached by No Doubt‘s Gwen Stefani and Tony Canali, in addition to music mogul Jimmy Iovine. There are strong girls and strong guys — but someone’s gotta R8TE the Top 8! So here’s MJ‘s rundown:
1. Jessica Sanchez – She effortlessly nailed her performance of Whitney Houston’s “How Will I Know.” The judges loved it, giving her yet another standing ovation! She is the absolute full package and is ready for stardom… MJ has been calling it for years right here on MicahJesse.com! (Watch the video of me and Jessica meeting in LA in 2008!)
2. Joshua Ledet – He brought power and a whole lot of soul to his performance tonight, singing, “If You Don’t Know Me By Now” by Simply Red. Tonight was a real dealbreaker for him. He is in this competition for the long haul. Even J.Lo said it — Joshua and Jessica could be the Top 2!
3. Phillip Phillips – I’m usually really impressed by Phillip but tonight was just “OK” for me. He performed “That’s All” by Genesis — with his brother on stage on the guitar. That was the most adorable thing!
4. DeAndrea Brackensick – Thankfully for onight was a shining night for DeAndre! He sang “I Like It” by DeBarge, which was a great choice for him, because it really allowed him to be playful with both the vocals and his movements. DeAndre shined tonight!
5. Skylar Laine – I was nervous for Skylar to sing “Wind Beneath My Wings,” made popular by Bette Midler , because that is a tough song to sing — and lots to live up to. Skylar really nailed it and especially brought it home in the end with a very powerful ending. I think Skylar is definitely safe from the bottom three.
6. Colton Dixon – Singing Cyndi Lauper’s “Time After Time” was a great choice for Colton tonight, especially with how he turned a usually female song into a beautifully masculine rendition. I think what Colton lacks is memorability, and that is so essential on this show.
7. Hollie Cavanagh – Holly has an incredible voice, but she just couldn’t catch a break tonight singing “Flashdance…What a Feeling,” the great theme song by Irene Cara . She had plenty of pitchy moments but the overall consensus was that she was stiff. The judges suggested that she not listen to criticism from the mentors so much so that it affects her performance. Hollie really needs to let go a little if she wants to stay in the competition.
8. Elise Testone – She’s got a powerful voice so I don’t think anyone questioned it when it was announced Elise would be singing “I Want To Know What Love Is,” by Foreigner. However, her performance tonight fell short of everyone’s expectations (especially after an amazing week last week), with lots of pitchy vocals. I think she is 100% going to be in the bottom 3 tomorrow. But will she get sent home? If so, I’m going to assume the judges will use a save on her. Let’s wait and see!
And I am telling you… we cannot believe the “from then to wow” Jennifer Hudson transformation!
This side-by-side photo (2007 to 2012) really puts it in perspective!
The one-time ”American Idol” semi-finalist (who somehow only made it to 7th place) has gracefully transformed into a dynamic “Dreamgirl” diva, who has everything from Grammy Awards to Academy Awards to Golden Globe awards under her belt, albeit much thinner now thanks to a spokesperson gig with Weight Watchers.
All things considered, what a fabulous transformation! She looks phenomenal!
The one constant, however, in the Jennifer Hudson transformation into a full-blown superstar, is her extraordinary voice. After the jump, take a trip down memory lane and watch her sing the late Whitney Houston‘s “I Have Nothing” on an episode of Idol from 2007…
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
- Best Dressed At 2013 Billboard Awards — HOT SHOTS!
- Carrie Underwood: I Always Knew I Would Be Rich, Famous & Marry a Hot Guy!
- “Idol” Alum Jessica Sanchez Shops SoHo on Mother’s Day
- REAL TALK: Catching Up with “Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills” star Kyle Richards
- Blackberry Z10′s Big NYC Launch & Capital Cities Perform Downtown NYC – Love Them!
- Celebrities Sound Off On Kentucky Derby Firsts & Fashion
- Pop Talk: Justin & Selena, Taylor Swift, Gwyneth Paltrow, and More — VIDEO
- VIDEO: Bruno Mars Headlines Samsung Launch Event In New York City
- Isaac Mizrahi Hosts Annual Spring Party 2013
- Ben Affleck Will “Live Below the Line” on $1.50 a Day
- VIDEO: Watch Footage From “The Mrs. Carter Show” World Tour Starring Beyonce!
- INTERVIEW: Ciara Talks Boyfriend Future, “Body Party” Music Video, New Album & More!
- Hottie Highlight: Is David Castro the next Channing Tatum?
- “Define Me” Music Video Premiere by Ryan Amador — Watch It Now!