To know Clive Davis is to love him. And most of America’s top selling artists have worked very closely with him, including the late Whitney Houston, Jennifer Hudson, Britney Spears, Tony Bennett, Alicia Keys, Usher and many more!
The legendary music man was celebrated this week at an event at L.A. hot spot The Redbury, where Billboard revealed their 2013 Power 100 List at an exclusive event, presented by Citi®, with leading music industry professionals.
The evening culminated with Clive Davis being honored with the Billboard Musical Visionary Award for his A&R work. The award will be renamed to Billboard’s Clive Davis Musical Visionary Award for future recipients.
This weekend, at the annual GRAMMY Awards, Clive will hold his annual party and will honor the life of Whitney Houston. After the jump, the Power 100 list and video of Clive and R&B artist Miguel talking about about Whitney.
Whitney‘s final recording of “His Eye Is On The Sparrow” is too beautiful for words and makes us miss her even more!
Keep sparkling the star you are, Whitney! You will never be forgotten!
Our little Jessica Sanchez isn’t so little anymore!
The 16-year-old “American Idol” runner up appeared on “Live! With Kelly” this morning for an interview and performance of Whitney Houston‘s “I Will Always Love You.”
Watch her interview + performance now!
Beyonce is getting “Back To Business!”
And suitingly, that’s exactly what she called her 4-night Memorial Day Weekend stint in Atlantic City’s newest hotel, Revel, where the iconic singer performed for a sold-out audience! Fans and friends of “Queen B” alike, gathered together at Ovation Hall, to welcome her back. (Even First Lady Michelle Obama attended with Sasha and Malia!)
As you’d expect, she had a few outfit changes and sang many of her famous songs like “Love On Top,” “1+1″ and “Halo,” but she surprised the audience with a cover of Lauryn Hill‘s “X-Factor” and a chilling tribute to the late Whitney Houston, singing her powerful ballad “I Will Always Love You.”
Over at The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, there was some competitive entertainment! On Friday night, Pitbull took the stage for an electric concert at the Event Center, followed by a DJ set from Alesso. Saturday night had Paris Hilton‘s boyfriend DJ Afrojack at MIXX nightclub and “Project X” star DJ Jesse Marco holding down the fort at mur.mur.
Over at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, “The Voice” star Christina Milian hung out by the pool during the day and performed some of her hit songs like “Dip It Low” and and “AM to PM” later that night in a tight orange mini-dress. On Sunday night, Kim Kardashian (wearing all black!) made an appearance at The Pool After Dark, bringing along longtime BFF Brittny Gastineau. The girls drank Midori cocktails and hung out in a private VIP section.
For all the Gleek’s out there, here’s a look at tonight’s Whitney Houston tribute on “Glee.”
Fox took the unusual step of pre-releasing all the songs in the Whitney tribute episode. The members of New Directions will be rocking out to some of Whitney’s biggest hits:
2. “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me),” sung by Brittany (Heather Morris) and Santana
3. “Saving All My Love for You,” sung by Quinn (Dianna Agron) and Joe (Samuel Larsen)
4. “So Emotional,” sung by Rachel and Santana
5. “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay,” sung by Blaine (Darren Criss)
6. “I Have Nothing,” sung by Kurt
7. “My Love Is Your Love,” sung by the New Directions
The iconic “I Will Always Love You” will not be featured in the episode because it was already sung during “Glee’s” Valentine’s Day episode.
You can see all of the Whitney covers on “Glee” tonight at 8pm on Fox.
- Accidental Sexiness
- Bauer Griffin Online
- Betty Confidential
- Blog Hamptons
- Bryan Boy
- Celebrity Blackberry Sightings
- DJ Cassidy's Blog
- Evident Future by Leo Velasquez
- Grasie Mercedes
- High Snobiety
- Hollywood Giants
- Hollywood Life
- I’m Not Obsessed
- Just Jared
- L.A. Rag Mag
- Look To The Stars
- Love B. Scott
- Marc Malkin (E! Online)
- MTV Buzzworthy
- MTV Hollywood Crush
- Necole Bitchie
- Neon Limelight
- OK! Magazine
- Pacific Coast News
- Pink Is The New Blog
- Pop Music Universe
- Pop Sugar
- Style Rookie
- The A.R. Experience
- The Daily Beast
- The Daily Transom
- The Fashion Bomb
- The Freaks Of Nature
- The Luxury Spot
- Us Magazine
- VH1's Best Week Ever
Sign Up for my newsletter!
- How To Look Like Your Favorite Celebrity
- ARTPOP + artRave = Lady Gaga Celebrates New Album!
- Want To Know Which Models Are CONFIRMED For The 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
- VIDEO: Pixie Lott Wants To “Wake You Up” (And She Will!)
- VIDEO: Virgin America’s New Safety Information Video Will Make You Want To Get Up And Dance (In The Sky)!
- Spotlight On Neo-Soul Songstress Amel Larrieux — Artist To Watch!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian in Valentino! Miley in Marc Jacobs! Lea Michelle in Calvin Klein! — Hollyscoop TV Celebrity Style Off
- Celebrity Health Headlines: Real or Rumor on ‘The Doctors’ — VIDEO
- Check Me Out On Hollyscoop TV This Weekend!
- Talking Hollywood Headlines on Alicia Menendez Tonight
- ‘DWTS’ Cast Celebrates Val Chmerkovskiy ‘Valentin’ Clothing Launch in Los Angeles — HOT SHOTS!
- Spotlight On: Jolie’s Sweet Creations — Meet The Cronut’s Competition!
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie At Mega Concert in NYC’s Bryant Park — VIDEO
- Ryan Lochte: My Goggles Go Off To Diana Nyad! — EXCLUSIVE Interview